TRS - Part Twenty

'Ahem'

As my father left us we heard someone clear their throat from behind us.

Shit.

I forgot Akira was still there.

'Oh, Akira, I forgot you were there!'

The princess was so blase about the situation.

Akira didn't seem at all phased either.

'Dont worry about me princess. I was just enjoying the show.'

Akira and Tooru exchanged an understanding look. It was as if they suddenly understood each others goals of teasing me and had struck up a camaraderie.

What the hell am I getting myself in to?

After their little exchange we headed over to a small table at the side of the room so I could recover from the onslaught I had just suffered.

The rest of the evening continued on fairly smoothly. Various guests made their way to us to offer their congratulations.

It seems, if they heardnt heard about our tryst in the hallway, my father was proudly announcing our engagement to everyone.

There were a few times throughout the night I nearly had a heart attack. Tooru's teasing was out in full force. But other than that, we made it through the evening successfully.

As the last of the guests left, we said our goodbyes and collapsed onto a nearby sofa.

Tooru cuddled up to me and closed her eyes.

I absentmindedly stroked her soft hair.

'Hmmmm, Hajime...'

Tooru hummed my name contentedly.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing her say my name.

'Mmmm?'

I hummed back, too tired to bother with words.

'......nothing.'

She apparently changed her mind about what she wanted to tell me.

'Mmm'

I made a noise back at her in response.

'Hajime....'

She spoke again

'I heard from Akira that we were supposed to spend the night together...'

My body froze.

I forgot about that.

A certain part of my body woke up while the rest of me tensed out of nervousness and excitement.

'I'm sorry, Hajime. I told you before, I wont do anything before our wedding night.'

My body relaxed with both relief and disappointment.

'I'm sorry Hajime.'

I could hear the desperation in her voice.

'I really want to, but I can't. '

'It's okay, Tooru. I can wait. We'll just have to make sure the wedding happens soon.'

I soothed her.

'Mmmmm'

Her I couldn't quite make out her response but it didn't exactly sound convincing.

Oh well, she's probably just tired.

We stayed on the sofa for a while longer, the princess leaning against me whilst I stroked her hair.

Her breathing deepened and her head became heavy.

'Tooru?'

I whispered gently.

She was fast asleep.

And extremely cute and innocent.

I carefully peeled myself away from both her and the sofa and lifted her in both arms.

I carried her like the princess she is to the room that had been set up for her.

Her attendants were waiting and helped me navigate my way to the bed where I gently placed the princess down.

My gaze hovered over the two male attendants she had brought with her.

I dont like the idea of leaving her here with two men who would be readying her for sleep.

I sighed and leant back down beside the princess.

Theres nothing I can do about it for now other than trust her and them.

I picked up a strand of her long locks in my hand and gently kissed her hair.

Leaning in, closer to her ear I whispered the words I had yet to tell her.

'Goodnight Tooru, I love you.'

I kissed her pale cheek and left the room making a mental note to hire a couple of female attendants.