TRS - Part Six

'My, you are a quick little thing aren't you.'

The princess barely hid the annoyance in her voice.

'I did not wish to keep our esteemed guest waiting, princess'

Akira skilfully responded, not showing even a hint of emotion on his face as he set down the plates and glasses.

He made his way around the table and whispered in my ear as he set out my place.

'Sir, you had better be careful unless you want Snow White to feed her new dwarf a poison apple.'

I heard his warning and steeled myself. She must be up to something if even Akira is putting out a warning.

The rest of the afternoon went smoothly, although I get the feeling that was only because Akira refused to leave us alone despite the many attempts of the princess.

It was nearly time for the banquet to welcome our guest of honour and so we escorted her to her room so we could take our leave and make preparations for the evening ahead.

'Thank you for escorting me today prince Hajime. I enjoyed your company, though I felt we could not get to know each other as well as I'd hoped.'

Princess Tooru's gaze shifted toward Akira as she spoke.

'We shall have plenty of time to talk over the next two days, my lady.'

The princess let a magnificent smile grace her lips as she responded.

'Of course we will, my prince.'

And with those ominous words we parted ways to prepare the night ahead.

Authors note
Sorry for the short chapter. It just feels like such a good place to leave it. I am getting these chapters out pretty quickly though so you shouldn't have to wait long at all for the next one! I hope you are enjoying the story so far!.