15

Amelia's P.O.V.

I was about to go over to the twin's house but my phone suddenly started to ring. I looked at it and it was my mother. We haven't spoken for at least two months because both of my parents are trying to travel the world since they've retired. It's sometimes hard to reach them since they're never in one place for too long. So when I saw my mother calling I had to take my time and answer. I missed her so much.

"Hello?" I heard shuffling in the background for a moment before the beautiful voice of my mother was heard.

"Amelia, darling. We've missed you so much." I almost had tears streaming down my cheeks. I don't why I'm this emotional but it's been at least a year since I've seen them. The need to hug them and have a face to face conversation with them is huge.

"Me too mom. How is dad?" I asked.

"Well, he, unfortunately, has a bad case of diarrhea right now so we were forced to stay in a hotel for a week. I'm getting a little worried so I'm thinking about bringing him to the doctors soon." Mom explained.

"I hope he gets better. Where are you guys now?" They could be anywhere. Last time we chatted they were in China.

"We are in Australia right now. More precisely at the capital. The next stop is India I think." She chuckled a little. "Anyway, is everything good where you are? Is school not too hard?"

"No everything is fine and school is the same old." I didn't want to tell my mother about the twins yet because if not I'll be stuck on the phone for another two hours. Also because I'm not sure of the relationship myself.

"If you say so pumpkin. Where is Dona? By now you two would've been fighting to get a turn to talk on the phone." I could hear her chuckle again. I was going to reply that I'll pass her the phone but I remembered Dona's attitude when she got home and thought she still needed her space.

"She's out with friends at the moment but I could tell her that you said hi," I offered.

"That'll be nice of you. I'm afraid that I have to leave, I need to cook for your father's cranky ass."

"Alright mom, can you just please call more frequently?" I asked.

"Of course darling, I'll try." I smiled then we said our goodbyes. A sigh left my mouth while I was just staring at nothing then, I remembered what I was about to do right before my mother called. Getting up, I looked towards our room where Dona is currently in. I shook my head and went outside. When I reached the house it was quiet. Is that a good or a bad sign? I knocked at least three times and waited. That's odd. Their cars are here but they're not answering the door. I became more nervous and rang the doorbell. The door was violently opened.

"What?" I was taken aback from Ethan's tone. He seems to be on edge. He sighed and apologized for his tone.

"I-It's fine but are you guys alright? I saw someone break into your house from the bathroom window," I explained.

"Must've been a misunderstanding." His response was court and there was hesitation. Since when does Ethan hesitate? He must've noticed the awkwardness that was starting to create because he then invited me in.

Edan was on the couch in deep thought but when he noticed me approaching he took my hand and pulled me on his lap. He circled his hands around my waist and nuzzled his face to the crock of my neck. Did something happen that I'm not aware of? I decided not to mention it because they didn't seem in the mood to talk. Ethan came after and laid across the couch with his head on my lap. I started running my fingers through his hair.

"Amelia, whatever happens. Don't leave us please." Again taken aback by Ethan. He seemed unsure of himself which I've never seen before. I didn't answer, I didn't know what to say. Then, I remembered that Dona was probably having a bad day too and wanted space and the twins wanted my presence. I think it's more logical that I sleepover here.

"Hey, could I sleepover at your house?" I asked.

"You're always welcome here babygirl," Edan replied.

"Did something happen between you and Dona?" Ethan curiously asked me.

"I don't really know myself. She's just being distant right now and needs some space." They visibly tensed.

What the hell are they hiding?

- Queenishh