23

Amelia's P.O.V.

Jasmine brought me into another room. This one contained many weapons that made my body sweat. I just wanna go home and snuggle in my comforting bed with the twins right beside me.

"Ugh, why the hell are you crying?" Jasmine asked me with an annoyed tone. When I didn't answer she got up and slapped me right across the face.

"What the hell!"

"Stop crying for God's sake." She went back to sit at the corner next to the door.

"What do you even want from me?" I asked quietly.

"Jeez, I thought I already explained everything to you." She just rolled her eyes and the room went silent again.

I don't know what we're waiting for but I'm not eager to know either.

"You know, you don't really have a loyal friend either." Who is she talking about?

"I'm talking about Dona. She helped us a little bit." Jasmine started giggling on seeing my face contort in the pain of having my best friend betray me like that. Do I even have one person around me who hasn't betrayed me tonight? Soon the door opened, revealing the twins, Nick and, Kelly. Anger was already starting to rage through me until I saw that they were being detained too. Did they get played too? Did Jasmine tell me lies?

Their faces brightened on seeing me but immediately frowned while staring at my cheek. I'm guessing that bitch left a mark. They made them sit on chairs facing me.

"Are you okay?" Ethan whispered with guilt plastered all over his face. I nodded, trying to reassure him that I was fine but it didn't seem to make much change.

"Okay, now that everyone is here, we can finally announce the real reason you all are here today," Jasmine excitedly exclaimed. Everyone rose a brow, I thought she already told me why I am here.

Ethan's P.O.V.

"Long story short, Francesco actually died a few days after finding the twin's location. He died because of a cardiac arrest. Everyone is here right now on my own accord, well except for Nick. You involved yourself in this."

"Just get to the fucking point and tell us why the fuck are we here," I groaned out and she just winked at me.

"It's simple, because of jealousy." She walked closer to me until she was right in front of my face. She leaned her head closer to me until our noses were almost touching.

"We had a great bond, greater than whatever you have with the whore. Now, I know that you still have feelings for me so now is your chance to come back to me." My jaw ticked. This woman had too much audacity for her own good.

"Go to hell Jasmine," I hissed at her. She obviously didn't like my response. She turned around and grabbed a knife with a blade no longer than fifteen centimetres.

"In that case, I'm afraid you'll have to say bye anyway."

Amelia's P.O.V.

Everything happened so quickly. Jasmine stabbing Ethan in the chest with a knife. The S.W.A.T. team bursting through the door all shouting a number of words.

I was now sitting at the back of an ambulance with a blanket wrapped around me. I was being checked up by the paramedics to make sure everything was fine with me. I tried to reassure them but they didn't take no for an answer.

Ethan was taken in an ambulance and rushed to the hospital. I still don't know how his state is. Kelly and Jasmine got handcuffed and escorted to the police station. Edan is sitting right next to me with an arm wrapped around my shoulders.

"AMELIA!" I heard my name being shouted from a distance. It was Dona. I was ready to jump on her and give her the biggest hug ever until I remembered Jasmine's words.

"You know, you don't really have a loyal friend either."

"I'm talking about Dona. She helped us a little bit."

When she came too close to me for my comfort I sent her a hard glare which made her stop in her tracks right away.

Edan must've seen this happen cause he nudged me and said, "Hey, don't be like that. This isn't her fault."

"It is partially her fault, Jasmine said she helped them," I hissed.

"She got played like Nick. She's the one who saved us all by following Ethan and I even after we told her not to. She's the one who called the police"

"Yeah but Ethan still got stabbed." He shook his head.

"Ethan will be fine, you know it." I huffed.

"Dona is still and always going to be your best friend. I'm sur you both are just happy that you are safe and sound," Edan continued to scold me. I risked a small glance at Dona and saw her eyes brimmed with tears. That did it for me. I got up and ran up to her.

Even though this party went the complete opposite way we would've wanted it to go. I'm still happy that everyone is safe. Well, except for Ethan but I know he'll be just fine.

This chapter wasn't edited. I was just eager to finally update this book after so long. Next chapter is the epilogue.

- Quennishh