14

Ethan's P.O.V.

"So I will see you guys next week to discuss our budget, for now, we only have our location. We still have a long way to go before we reach our goal. You're all dismissed." Everyone got up from their chairs then left talking in between each other. I stayed in the room I little longer to organize some files. I was about to leave the room when our secretary came in smiling flirtily. Oh boy, here we go again.

"What is it this time Martha?" I asked without patience.

"I just wanted to come and see if you need any help, you've been here for a while when the meeting finished like fifteen minutes ago." She came towards me, she was too close for my liking.

"No, I was about to head out anyways." I fake smiled at her and tried to walk past her but she had to grab my hand halting me from my movements. I groaned in annoyance.

"Since we are both finished, shall we go to dinner?" I mentally laughed, I've still never experienced a woman treating me to dinner. It's always the other way around, well for me at least.

"No thanks Martha, you should leave now before I give you an excuse to stay until one in the morning." With that said, I yanked my hand from her grasp and walked out. I went to my brother's office that was right next to mine. I knocked and he authorized me to enter.

"I'll be leaving, see you at home." He looked up from his computer.

"I'll be there in twenty minutes." I nodded and finally left the building.

****

I was sitting on the table signing up papers for work when Edan finally came in.

"What took you so long?" He took off his shoes and jacket and slumped himself on the chair next to me.

"Sorry, it took longer than I thought." I hummed and continued my work. I looked at Edan and noticed he was deep in thought. I wondered what had him caught up in his mind like that?

"What are you thinking of?"

"Do you ever think of going back to our old habits?" His question caught me off guard. I leaned in further in my chair suddenly interested in what's going to happen next.

"No, do you?" I raised a brow at him. Edan was always unsure of his choices. Most of the time he needed me to confirm himself of his choices in life. He would always double question his decisions and come to me for help. Me on the other hand, when my mind makes a decision, it's final. I'm more like my father and don't let anyone step over me.

"Sometimes." His response was court and I knew he had more to say.

"Tell me what are your doubts," I persisted. "Do you regret meeting Amelia?" He instantly looked at my eyes with a gasp.

"Oh God no. Amelia is something that would be hard to get rid of. She is different from others in her own way. This is one of the things I'm grateful for the choice we made." Interesting. This is the first time Edan has been so sure about himself in his choices. Looks like Amelia is holding a big part of his heart and if she rips it off, I don't know how he'll deal with it. I could say the same too because she took a part of mine too.

"So what is the problem?" I asked.

"I'm not quite sure but I feel like whatever we do, our past is going to follow us." Then, we heard a loud bang coming from the bathroom. We both shot up from our chairs making them tip over. We waited calmly for whatever or whoever to show themselves. Time was wasting and I was getting impatient.

"Show yourself now," I ordered and then we heard a very familiar voice echoing through the house.

"It's nice to hear your demanding voice again Ethan." Don't tell me it's who I think it is. She slowly came out of the bathroom and came into our view. My brows knitted in confusion as to why she was here.

"I knew something from our past would come back," Edan mumbled from behind me.

- Queenishh