Season Finale - Part 2 | Him

"..."

     "...?"

     "G...?"

     "...irly?"

     "Girly?"

     "Wake up, girly."

     Sachi opened her eyes slowly with a soft groan. Her eyes were blurry, but they refocused after a couple of blinks.

     Sachi instantly recognized her surroundings as Room-57B of the U.A. infirmary. The room was tinted a golden orange, either sunrise or sunset, the pale curtains were pulled together, and the fake plants were gone. There was an IV drip at the head of her bed, the line connected to her left arm with a heart monitor on her ring finger.

     What happened?

     Despite being awake, her shoulder kept being shaken. Deliberately. Sachi turned her head, her face twisting in confusion and annoyance. She blinked up at Present Mic, and he blinked down at her. They stared at each other for what felt like a solid minute before Sachi spoke in a rough voice.

     "... Can you not?"

     Mic sniffled as tears welled up in his eyes and Sachi prepared for an ear-rattling breakdown.

     "Hey, girly," he spoke softly. "About time you woke up. How are ya feeling?"

     Sachi was taken aback by the comical hero's calmness and cleared her throat. "Tired... My throat hurts..."

     Mic nodded and helped Sachi sit up, gathering and fluffing up pillows that cushioned her back. The pro then twisted off the cap of a water bottle and handed it to Sachi—she quickly took a drink. The refreshing liquid was like a rainstorm in the middle of a drought.

     "You're probably wondering why you're at U.A." Sachi nodded after her third gulp, rubbing her eyes that still lagged with sleep. Mic cleared his glasses before continuing, "The night you were rescued, we received an urgent call from your brother that you broke into a fever and weren't responding to external stimuli. This was a result of the abrupt absence of medication intake, as well as stress. Thankfully the diagnostics weren't high and you were kept in a safe range. You've been out for a little less than a week. Today's Tuesday and it's currently five in the afternoon."

     "It's like going cold turkey and having backlash from it." Mic hummed and Sachi thought for a second. "How's... How's Katsuki doing? And the students who were at Kamino Ward?"

     Mic opened his mouth to reply, but the room's door slid open, revealing Aizawa, Recovery Girl, and Principal Nezu. The tired pro's eyes widened for a moment before he returned to his usual demeanor, walking further into the room after sliding the door closed.

     "How long has she been awake?" Recovery Girl asked, hopping onto the desk chair and took out a clipboard. The loud hero glanced at his watch.

     "About five minutes."

     "That's good. How are you feeling?"

     "Oh, I'm feeling pretty relieved, thanks for asking–"

     "Not you! I was talking to Sachi."

     Sachi giggled, taking another sip of her water—it was already half empty. "I'm starting to become more awake, and my throat doesn't feel like sandpaper anymore. I can move my legs fine but they feel sorta weak."

     Aizawa nodded in understanding. "That's normal. Do you remember anything during Kamino?"

     Sachi nodded and nestled into the pillow mound. "I do. The last thing I remember was Katsuki and I being rescued, then me being carried back to the city...and I think that's when I fell unconscious."