09 | Their Trust

"–and then the alarms went off throughout the entire school! Everyone was terrified!"

"I'm guessing the alarms started a mass panic?"

Izuku nodded, leaning back in his chair. "Oh yeah! Ururaka, Iida and I were separated in a corridor filled with other students. They were pushing and shoving, and nobody could really break through the crowd besides Iida."

Back in the safety of her bedroom later that same day, Sachi sat at her desk sifting through papers sent from U.A. Her monitor glowed brightly as Izuku ran his hands through his green locks. Sachi looked at the video feed with a soft chuckle. "How did Iida get passed?"

"I saw him float above all of our heads!" Izuku exclaimed, animating the scene with his hands. "Thanks to Ururaka, he was able to use his quirk to fly over and call attention to everyone! I'm more than grateful that he took the initiative of the situation and managed to calm everyone down, or at least stop them from panicking. It was his leadership that made everyone freeze and recollect themselves, a-and it influenced me to pass the role of class president onto him."

Sachi hummed, resting her elbows on her desk. She took her best friend's point of view of the whole ordeal into account and added that to her experience. She compared both sides and summed up more conclusions for the main cause.

"Wow. Iida must be one amazing guy," Sachi muttered lightly. She heard Izuku huff in agreement.

"Man," he sighed, staring at his ceiling, "today was definitely one hell of a day."

"You've got that right," Sachi remarked, preoccupied. She picked up a paper from the scattered pile and peered at the fine font. It was a document of regulations for the nursing role she signed up for, but she couldn't help question the big decision and its entirety.

"So..." Sachi heard her freckled companion start. "I heard that you had a meeting with Principal Nezu. How did that go? Since...you were most likely on campus when the security sensors went off..."

Sachi quickly plucked out the option of her mother telling Mrs. Midoriya about the meeting and she passed the information down to her son once he got home. Sachi sighed with a shrug, letting the document fall out of her fingers and back onto the desk.

"It went well... Too well..." Sachi took a bit to consider telling her childhood friend what happened during the meeting, wondering if it was alright to divulge information to the one she trusted the most. Izuku noticed the hesitation in Sachi's movements and leaned forward in his chair, his arms crossed on his desk with his brows furrowing together in concern.

"Chi-chan?"

Sachi went to war with herself for a good few seconds, comparing pros with cons. With a defeated sigh, she spilled the tea.

Sachi explained the events that took place from start to finish. From the phone call to the bumblebee trapped in Recovery Girl's office. She watched Izuku's expression change from curiosity to thoughtful to worry to confusion within the short span of ten minutes. He had his chin tucked between his thumb and forefinger, piecing together the newfound info like it was an invisible jigsaw. He hummed quietly to himself, then looked at Sachi, his eyes filled with uncertainty.

"Why exactly did Principle Nezu and Recovery Girl want you to join the U.A. personnel?" he asked.

"Recovery Girl said it was mostly for my protection, but that's all she said, and Principle Nezu didn't say anything to add onto that," Sachi replied, not really knowing the purpose either. Because of the excitement and the shock in the making of the decision, she jumped the gun without asking questions.