40 | Argument

The next morning, Sachi had woken up late.

The campground and the main building was mostly deserted, aside for Pixie-Bob and Mandalay. The pro heroes were busy counting and stocking the food supply, crates of vegetables and meats stacked on top of each other like building blocks. Sachi ran her fingers through her bed head as she entered the kitchen, announcing her arrival to the pro heroes as she walked in.

     "Good morning, Cherry Bomb!" Mandalay smiled, glancing up from her clipboard. "Sleep well?"

     Sachi shrugged bashfully, forcefully flattening her hair; her hair had its natural spikiness since she didn't bring her flatiron, so she resorted to manipulating it into updo hairstyles. She took an apple from one of the many fridges, a cup of yogurt, and a granola bar. "I did, thank you for asking. Is everyone out training?"

     "Yep. The litter left early this morning," Pixie-Bob answered, inspecting a crate full of carrots. "They should be returning sometime in the late afternoon."

     "I see. Do you need any help?"

     "We got this covered. Do what you need to do, kitten."

     Sachi nodded, leaving the kitchen and went to her office, which was a few doors down the hallway. She performed a stock check herself; checked the medicine and when they expire and took notes of the patients she previously attended. The young blonde has gotten into a habit of writing down every injury she's treated and how, and, because of that, she's improved on different maneuvers and procedures—even if the injuries were small and minuscule.

     To keep herself busy, Sachi wrote in the journal she brought, one of the journals Izuku got her for her birthday. It had a matte pink and orange ombré cover with the smoothest, whitest pages Sachi's ever seen. She's been writing in the journal ever since she got it; almost all of the pages were chock full of entries and small mindless doodles.

     Entry 45
     August XX, XXXX

     I'm currently sitting in the summer camp's nurse's office. I've done a stock check and written down the most recent of Class 1-A's injuries. There's no doubt I'll be aiding the soon-to-be heroes once they've come back from their training, but I doubt I'll get many in here since the Pussycats will have them cook their food from now on.

     I know for a fact that Katsuki will be in charge of cutting the vegetables. He's always been a fantastic cook. His best dish is his curry.

     Sachi took a bite of her apple, pausing mid-chew. When was the last time she's had her brother's food? A heavy feeling rested in her chest, she struggled to swallow her apple.

     The last time I've had my brother's food was when I was almost abducted—most likely by another henchman of King's.

     Speaking of King, I haven't the slightest clue of what he's planning next, and I don't know if I made the right choice of coming to the summer camp, mainly because it's in the middle of nowhere. I didn't want to stay in one area for too long, thinking I'd be safer if I kept moving, but, otherwise, I'd be surrounded by immediate help, heroes around every corner.

     The more I think about it, the more I regret the decision.

     Sachi gulped, her hand shaking enough to place the pen down. Her necklace beeped in her ear, notifying her of her rising anxiety. She ran her delicate fingers along the cool metal, feeling every crevice and screw.

     Then, her nails snagged a chain.

     The jewels sparkled in the sunlight, a diamond, and an amethyst; stones that glimmered like stars. The necklace was a gift from her older brother, who, no doubt, paid too much for the gift. Adopting Hikaru was plenty, but he had to take it a step further.