06 | The Call

The following two weeks were identical.

Sachi struggled with her injuries and everyday pills for the first few days at home, but she quickly readjusted and continued her life and daily routines.

She'd greet her brother whenever she saw him, she'd offer help to both of her parents whenever the opportunity opens, and she'd study her academic courses. She answered the many questions and reassured the worries of her best friend, as well as giving Mic insight about the villain attack.

All the while, she made time to reorganize her bedroom, reread her favorite books, sing her favorite songs, and doodle random things in her sketchbook after three hours of pure studying. She produced drawings like a medieval version of All Might, Izuku as a steampunk wooden puppet, her brother as a futuristic robot, mic as a woman, and an unpolished sketch of a hero costume with a Red Cross band on the left arm.

By the time the first week ended, she altered her routine and began to practice and refine her creative writing skills and calligraphy in an empty lavender notebook. She wrote about her experiences and what she's been through, how she felt through her triumphs and hardships, what she's seen and heard, and her lifetime goals, dreams, and wishes.

In a baby blue notebook, Sachi wrote wondrous backstories for her robot brother, Izuku puppet and medieval All Might. As the weekend passed, she went back and forth between her notebooks as ideas flowed through like a stream. Both books were all fun to fill and her wrist grew stiff after every session.

After long hours of performing time-spending activities inside the house and staying up late, Wednesday morning came by without the busy Bakugou ever noticing.

As light filtered through her blinds, Sachi laid in her bed surrounded by a large variety of plushies and was safely cocooned in her pastel pink sheets. Sachi shifted in her warm bed comfortably, appreciating the stillness of her bedroom, her safe haven, half awake and incredibly lethargic. Due to the late-night studying the night before, she felt like she was just waking from spell-casted slumber. She would've stayed curled in a ball all morning if it weren't for her mother loudly calling her name.

Sachi groaned into her pillow and thrashed her feet underneath her white duvet, making a fuss about leaving her soft blankets. She rolled onto her back, her eyes half-open, and strands of ash blonde hair encircled her small head like a chrysanthemum blast. Laziness had her in its hold and she was completely fine with it.

After a good few minutes of blankly staring up at the ceiling, Sachi managed to slip out of her safe haven, ignored her serious case of bedhead, and sauntered her way down the stairs in slippers, shorts, and a thin sweater. She yawned and rubbed her tired eyes as she descended. She waved 'hello' to her parents once she entered the common room and shuffled towards the kitchen.

"Good morning, Cherry Bomb!" Mitsuki replied cheerfully, sitting on the couch with a mountain of clothes next to her. "How'd ya sleep? Did you take your pills?"

Tugging open the fridge door, she made out shapes of fruit and produce that piled the shelves. She let out a frustrated groan, not really knowing what to eat. Sachi wrapped her hands around the milk carton, nudged the door closed and placed the carton on the table.

"I was studying, but I had a bit of trouble sleeping. My brain eventually shut off around three. I still need to take my meds though," Sachi admitted, going back into the kitchen. "I'll take them once I'm done eating." She opened an overhead cupboard and took out a bowl and a box of cereal.

Suddenly, the house phone chimed, which startled Sachi and almost made her drop her box of All Might Flakes. Her father, who was flipping through the morning mail, got up from his spot on the couch and quickly answered the call before the ringing could continue. He exchanged a few words and he glanced at his daughter.

"Um... Sachi?" Masaru called. Sachi grabbed a spoon and began to pour her cereal.

"Yeah, dad?" Sachi replied.

"It's Principal Nezu from U.A. He wants to talk to you." Raising an eyebrow, Sachi stepped away from her bowl of cereal and took her father's place at the phone.

"Good morning, Principal Nezu!" Sachi greeted. She tried her best to sound more awake, but the small chuckle from the other line made it clear that her plan failed.

"Good morning to you as well, Miss Bakugou!" Principal Nezu happily replied. His energy filled attitude placed a smile on Sachi's face. "If your afternoon is empty, I'd like you to visit me in my office at twelve-thirty today! There are some matters at hand that I would like to discuss with you in person!"

Sachi was taken aback by the request. "Um... Of course! I have nothing planned so I'll be there!"

She heard a short laugh. "That's fantastic! I'll see you then, Miss Bakugou! Have a good day!"

"Have a good day to you as well, sir!" Sachi ended the call, severely confused. More awake now, she began to calculate the different routes the sudden meeting with Principal Nezu might go down.

Sachi sat in the passenger seat next to her mother; she had a small blue backpack leaned against her leg and she clutched a half-empty bottle of water.

Why would U.A.'s Principal want to talk to her? Why couldn't her mother join? Is it something serious?

So many thoughts ran through her mind and Sachi took a deep breath, her fingers rubbed against each other out of habit. She's met the small Principal once, but that was when she was disoriented from painkillers after a long surgery years ago. From that time till now, it certainly has been a while.

Once Sachi got out of the vehicle and grabbed her bag, she waved goodbye to her mother, who drove down the hill and disappeared out of sight. Sachi took another deep breath and finally soothed her emotions.

"HEY NOW!!" Mic yelled, startling her from behind, "What is up, girly girl?" —he slung an arm around Sachi's shoulders— "Ready to meet the boss?"

"Aren't you supposed to be teaching?!" Sachi asked, surprised. Mic led her to U.A.'s entrance and shrugged.

"I told my class they got the rest of the period off. Sooo, I left and went to escort you! There are only a couple of minutes until lunch starts anyway!" Mic laughed and Sachi giggled. She gazed up at the grand building for heroes.

Time to meet the head of this prestigious school.