41 | The Attack

"Attention everyone!"

Sachi jumped when Mandalay's voice penetrated her senses. The pro hero must be using her Telepath to contact everyone.

"Two villains attacked us, it's possible there are more coming. Everyone return to camp immediately, we're regrouping, do not engage any enemies!"

Sachi's heart dropped like a stone and she gulped harshly, her mind going towards the most logical source of her fear, King. But, she's been more careful than a skittish mouse—only ever stepping outside under the blanket of night, where most insects, including bees, weren't active. So how? How'd he find her so easily?

Wait. What was she thinking? It could be anybody else other than King. The League of Villians is a possibility, but it was only Shigaraki, Kurogiri, and the Nomu. Has he recruited new members?

There was a loud knocking on her door and Sachi slapped her hands over her mouth to keep herself from yelping. She took her hand and aimed at the door, no force was applied in her finger as to not set off her choker.

"Cherry Bomb!" Aizawa's voice reached her ears, loud enough to overcome her heartbeat. "Go to the classroom where Vlad King and the other students are! They'll protect you!" Without letting her respond, the pro hero's footsteps faded down the hall in the direction of the entrance.

The young girl swallowed her fear and scrambled for the door, sprinting out into the hallway with her hand stilled cocked. Without a second to hesitate, Sachi sped down the corridor towards the classroom the remedial students took their extra lessons in. A shock of relief went through her when she spotted Vlad King standing outside one of the many doors—she practically tripped into the classroom. Vlad King slammed the doors shut the second the girl passed the threshold.

"Cherry Bomb!" exclaimed the students.

"Are you alright?"

"What happened?"

"What's wrong?"

Sachi huffed out. "Everything happened so fast! I saw the fire, then heard Mandalay's voice, then I came here after Aizawa came to my room and– Hold on, lemme catch my breath."

"It's okay. Take your time," reassured Sato.

Sachi put a hand on her chest as she calmed down. "I ran all the way over here afterward."

"Well, you're safe now. Nobody's getting passed us, not even that King guy!" Affirmed Kirishima, hardening both his arms for emphasis. The redhead gave Sachi a large toothy grin, she smiled.

"Why's your shirt so big?" Kaminari received a sharp slap to the head from Sero.

Sachi glanced down at the black t-shirt soaked with her tears, she forgot to change out of it while she was...preoccupied. Her smile fell to a crestfallen look. "It's actually my brother's."

"Did something happen?" Ashido worried.

"We got into a big fight earlier. I-I don't want to talk about."

"That explains it." Kaminari received another slap.

"This is no time to mess around!" Boomed Vlad King as he approached the group, his sharp eyes peering down at the students. The classroom door closed behind him, Iida, Koda, Mineta, and Ojiro came up to his sides; they must've been the last ones in the clearing, which meant Katsuki has yet to return. But if the last groups came back, why wasn't Izuku with them? Has he gone to fight?

"Miss Bakugou!" Iida came up to her. "I'm so glad that you're okay! How are you holding up from the fight?"

Sachi looked up at the class president and politely said, "Not great, but now's not the time to dawdle on something that's not a high priority."