Epilogue

You guys! This chapter sucks...it's like wedded bliss or something, so boring (not really but kinda).

It's written in Devyn's POV too, so I hope you all at least enjoy that :D.

Sorry this has taken so long to post, there has just been...soo much happening in my family lately that it's ridiculous! Plus I've been sick for the past week with REALLY bad hayfever. Which is weird, because I've never had hayfever before!

Anyway, after this story I'll be continuing to write 'Summer Gifts' and 'What he Wore'. SG is a teen fic/ romance story and WhW is a teen fic/ short story. I figured out that the pattern of writing a short story and a novel at the same time helps balance things out...ya know? I also have the next (after SG and WhW) stories all figured out and ready to go!

They are, 'The Wrong Kind of Charming', which will also be a novel and is teen fic/ romance AND 'Like Kate', which will be the short story/ teen fic! 

So keep your eyes peeled!

_____________________________________________________________________

Devyn’s POV

“Hey Devyn! That’s it for the day; we’re all going to head back down to the ranch house. Are you coming?” Adrian yelled out while gathering a few of his tools, we’d been up a ridge for the better part of the day doing general maintenance on one of the longest fences on the ranch. We weren’t finished what we had to do for the day but as the sun was setting behind us now were as good a time as any to head back down the ridge.

I waved Adrian off; I’d make my way down a little more slowly than the rest of the crew. Plus, Adrian knew that I liked to sit out a while longer and watch the sun setting though it’d be a bit hard considering it was setting behind a mountain not too far away.

After gathering my tools into a small pile I headed back down the ridge slowly, towards my pickup. Adrian and the others were just leaving the parking area when I reached my truck, I would catch up with them at dinner but for the time being I had a bit of time to myself. So instead of rushing back to my room I sat on the back deck of my pickup and watched the changing colour in the sky.

Sitting there, I couldn't help but think about everything that had happened over the summer and everything that would happen through the rest of the year. We were only a week or two away from school starting again and I wasn't just nervous but also excited, happy, eager and optimistic.

Adrian kept asking me the hard questions, if I still wanted to continue with bronco riding and trying to get into the rodeo circuit, if I wanted to quit, what my honest feelings were towards Leah and why I had been such a douche and why I had kept running when we had little arguments.

Truth be told, I was scared.

I was scared of feeling trapped, of being hurt, of being made to look like an idiot...of being the guy that I teased my friends about. There was a stigma at Butte Central high that whipped guys weren’t guys anymore, that they weren’t free to do what they wanted whenever they wanted but day  by day I was finding out that it wasn’t the case.