Chapter 23: And His Poem

Start from the beginning

     "You won't know if you won't read. Here, it's my own copy. You may borrow it," he said, handing over the hardbound book. The boy then scanned the pages.

     "So, it's about a love story of a boy who met a teleporter girl named Joy? Whoa... Such a cute concept for a fantasy-romance collaboration," Zitao commented with awe. "I'll be grabbing a copy. This one has piqued my interest."

     "Wait, Tao. I'll be grabbing one, too. Let's go together." And Dyo went with Tao and left Sehun without a word.

     "Hey, wai- Good," white puppy said with half-lidded eyes. When he's about to complain, he felt a hand on his shoulders and he turned around to see.

     "Oh. Dad."

     "We're happy knowing that you made it. Are you with someone else?"

     "Oh. Yeah. They just went to grab a copy of your book. Well, their interests were piqued so, yeah, you know it."

     "Good to know. Your mom and I thoroughly thought of it. We had a bit of a hard time because of that."

     "I know the fruit of your efforts would be great. So, how's the event?"

     "The presscon just ended. Your mom was talking there with some friend. The book signing will start later in just few moments so you better look for a vacant chair and sit with us."

     The puppy gladly obliged. He looked for a vacant seat and transferred it beside his parents. Tao and Kyung came back a while after and they were the first one who got the signatures.

     The signing went on and Sehun was feeling kinda bored. He excused himself for a while and he transferred his seat to the side. The boy was in the middle of texting when an "A Blink Of Joy" book was brought close to him, blocking the view of his phone's screen. In a sudden, Sehun's eyes widened, clueless of what's happening. But then he thought that some fan had mistaken him as one of the authors.

     "I'm sorry but I'm not th-"

     The one who handed the book gently shoved the book closer to Sehun. The person was shyly bowing down and was speechless. Nevertheless, Sehun understood what was being implied the person — to open the book.

     Right on the first page was a piece of sky blue scented paper. It's of the same brand with the one he used as a stationery for his apology letter to his Luhan-hyung. He flipped open the folded paper and there inside was some handwritten text aligned in stanzas.

"Our Story; I'm Sorry"

I.

Our first meeting was not that good

And so did the succeeding ones

We'd been clumsy and we'd been rude

Enemies — that's what we were once

II.

You saved my life and so did I

I'm almost hit, you're almost drowned

Were you moved when you saw me cry?

Were you touched with what you had found?

III.

I didn't expect we'd be friends

'Cause for me you're an enemy

So silly, we'd been best of friends

And brothers even, how funny

IV.

What happened? Are we in a fight?

You ignore me, it breaks my heart

I hate it, it doesn't feel right

I don't want us... to drift apart

V.

How I miss you calling me hyung

How I miss you treating me tea

I miss you with Baek, Yeol and Kyung

Plus Kai, Chen and Myeon actually

VI.

If I have my faults, I'm sorry

'Though I didn't know what happened

I need you to explain it to me

To avoid our friendship to end

     That was the poem written on the blue scented paper. The handwriting was neat and Sehun could feel his emotions invoked as he read the literary work. The words reached his heart as the rhymes dwelled in his mind. He looked at the giver with eyes brimming with stranded tears.

     "Hi. Long time no see..." The giver said. Days... It seemed long for him already.

     "Se... I don't know what happened but I want to tell you I'm sorry..."

     "Tell me, Luhan-hyung. How can you be sorry when you don't even know what's your offense?" With a bit of toxin in his words, the brunette replied, not looking at Luhan.

     "I don't know, Hun... I just feel like I have some trespasses against you. And the thought of it pains me more than you think. Your ignorance makes me feel like something's tearing a part of me, like I'm missing one piece. I have realized then that I feel like I'm losing a friend, a family member, a brother..."

     "You don't have to feel that way. You still have your Baozi-dear, I think. And I bet, he weighs more than I do."

     "No. Not like that. Don't be jealo-"

     "Sehunnie! We're back!" Zitao shouted from afar, distracting Luhan and cutting off his words.

     "Ssshhhhh! Taozi, your catching a lot of attention," the owl-eyed shortie told him but the latter ddidn't seem to hear. Tao even pulled Sehun's hand and attempted to drag him somewhere. But then, he noticed something.

     "Sehunnie! We found some- Uhh... Se, who's this... blonde-haired guy?"

[A/N: Whooohooooooo!!! Updated at last!

.

Phew! I'm really sorry, guys. It has been around two months since the last update. I was just really busy. Weeks after the last update, I started to have practices on folk dance for our intramurals. Then after our intrams was our midterm exams. And then I was assigned to be the scriptwriter of our movie project in our history class. Well, add there some moments of disgusting writer's block and the ebbing will power due to sinking KPOP life.=[

.

Anyway, thanks a million to all of you. The reads and votes of my stories continue to grow. It really overwhelms me. Lovelots, guys.XOXO I really appreciate your support.

.

Well, sorry for the delay, typos and garmmar errors (I might have mislooked them).

.

To those people whom I owe dedications, just wait, please. Using mobile is kinda difficult. I hope you understand. Bye for now. 'Til the next update!=]]