24 | Regret: the Sequel

I was bored and wrote this in three hours (on March 16, 2020). Plus, I got a sudden bout of inspiration lol. This chapter is pretty long (nearly 5000 words) and very angsty (the MC gets hella triggered here), so I apologize for that. I also apologize for the wait, and want to thank you guys for oVER 66K READS!! THAT'S I N S A N E!!!

Warning: slightly out of character Todoboyo? Sorry, it's been a while since I've been in his head, so I've kind of lost my magic touch rip. You'll see why I think he's ooc later on in the chapter.
~yeehaw bro

• • • • •

Throughout the rest of the day, I felt nothing but anxiety, anticipation welling up in my chest. For the first time, I had actually put a date on my confession, and nothing was going to stop me from going through with it. Not even my cowardice.

Funny, I thought as I chowed down on my curry, deciding that while it wasn't restaurant worthy, it was still rather good. Sero and Eijirou were like savage beasts on either side of me, practically inhaling their meals. You can launch yourself straight at a villain, but can't even tell a guy that you like him. Pathetic.

Even then, I knew that I wasn't being completely honest. The USJ Attack, Stain, Jobon's disappearance, and my past. All of these events have had an effect on my being, I knew that much, but I was barely able to conceal it. One more traumatic event, and I'd definitely dive off the deep end.

I managed to bury the rest of my worries by the time my classmates and I finished our dinner. We ended up making a campfire and gathering around it, the stars twinkling above us. Mina sat on one side of me while Kyoka was on the other, my ukulele balanced precariously in her lap as she admired it. All around us, our peers were engaged in their own conversations, some members from Class 1-B—they had their own campfire not too far away from ours—sounding their opinions from time to time.

Eventually, Kaminari let out a groan, golden gaze catching mine as boredom showed on his features. "Yoooo, it's so boring right now!" he groaned, causing us to turn to him with a perked brow, confused by what he meant. "(Y/N)-chan, why don't you strum me a tune, 'kay? I'm gonna try to lighten the mood."

Humming at his words with furrowed brows, I took my ukulele from Kyoka and immediately strummed some chords, Denki grinning as he recognized them. He then turned to Momo and asked for a cheap microphone, receiving one of those terrible quality plastic ones. Do you know what I mean? Hopefully.

By this point, everyone had his eyes on him, including our supervisors. "Broshima, this is for you," he said, pointing right at Kirishima and giving him a wink. Kirishima pretended to swoon, causing me to laugh as I repeated the chords, Denki's voice following shortly afterwards.

"I know I'm not that tall
I know I'm not that smart
But let me drive my van into your heart
Let me drive my van into your heart"

The more Denki sang, the more he seemed to get into it, until he had slid onto his knees and began to give it his all. To my surprise, he was actually a pretty good singer, having a good tone and the range to boot. It sounded good, and I could tell that the others were enjoying his performance.

"I know I'm not that rich
I'm trying to get my start
So let me drive my van into your heart
Let me drive my van into your heart

And if we look out of place
Well, bro, that's okay
I'll drive us into outer space
Where we can't hear what people say