18 | Mercury

[ Aghhh! Sorry for the late chapter! I would've had it out on time, but then realized that I almost forgot the family angst that I promised last chapter. I also decided to do a double update, so I saved this for that. So chapter 19 should be out later today, since I'm about halfway done with it. I might make it longer, though.

Swear warning because of Aiko. Whoops!

And, oh my god, thank you ALL so much for 12.8K READS! THAT'S SO MANY PEOPLE, OH MY GOD-

Last note: The song above, called "Mercury" by Sleeping At Last, actually caused me to come up with what happened to Jobon. It wasn't planned at first, and I came across the song around the middle of the second part, Ecstatic Shock, so that was fun. You don't have to listen to it; I just wanted to point that out and show why the title is called "Mercury." ]

Headcanons | All for One
[Aka your biological father that you absolutely despise]

-He's tried really hard for a long time just to form a bond with you. He loved your mother (M/N, not Aiko, although he loves her too), and can see a bit of her inside of you, which is one of the many reasons he wants to keep you close. Not only that, but you're his daughter for heaven's sake! Of course he would want to keep you close!

-Long story short, it isn't working, and you still hate his guts. However, you've recently begun hating him slightly less.

-Overprotective much? He's threatened Shigaraki so many times due to him wanting to kill you in the past, it's not even funny anymore.

-Jobon's a... sensitive topic. Yeah, let's go with that. He feels somewhat guilty about what happened, but is able to keep his composure about it. All he wanted to do was help his brother-in-law. He didn't mean for Jobon to-

!̸̫̤͎̋Ẽ̷̢̯̬̔R̵̤̠͛̐̈́Ṛ̸͛̆͋Ơ̵̤̄R̶͔̽̾̌!̸̣͍̞̑ ̶̖̱͌̈́̑
Ǘ̴̖̓́N̴̹̟͚͑A̷͓̦̗̚Ḇ̵̥͘͝L̴̥̦̾͆͠E̴̦̎̓ ̸̩̋͝͠T̵͔̙̯̓O̶̧̔̈́͝ ̴̫͈͗Ȯ̵̢̥̊P̷̡̝͌Ȩ̶͛̏ͅN̵͉̻̾͆͜.̶͍͖̟̐ ̸̩̀
Ṙ̴͖̙̹̔E̶̢͙͊S̴͕̤̗̐E̷̛̝̝̞͝T̷̛̝͈̗̉͂T̸̨̯̩̃̉I̵̺͙͇͝Ň̸̩̎̕G̶̢͓̗͂ ̴̮̪̜̋I̵̯̯̾̈́͝N̵̢̡̈́ ̶͉͋T̶̡̢̏̇̚Ḩ̴͈́̂̂R̷̤͉͂͛͘ͅȨ̷̖̻́͗E̷͍͔̲͐͂́.̷̟̕.̵̧̻͙͛͘.̷͙̫͔̎
T̸͎̲͆͘W̸͎͆͠Ọ̶̼̈́͑.̵͍͎͑͠.̸͎̐.̴̨̚
Ò̷̺̘͆͜N̷͍̻̮͗̕E̸̠̭̿̉̾͜.̶͖̕

• • • • •

After a week of dealing with hours of studying, extensive, merciless training, and more sleep deprivation than before, the first day of the written exam finally arrived. For three days straight, it was just writing, and I absolutely hated it. Not because it was hard or anything, although it was a bit tough from time to time, but because I kept on getting really bad hand cramps and had to constantly stop myself from cursing. When Aizawa finally told us to put our pencils down on the third day, relief washed over me, and I let out a grateful sigh, my wrist still hurting.

Rising out of my seat when I was told to collect the answer sheets, since I was the last person in my row, I let my thoughts wander to the practical. Defeating robots would be easy since my quirk was perfect for it, but for some reason, something felt off. So to add to my already exhausting schedule, I constantly sparred with Aiko, and sometimes when she was up for it, Kasumi. It wasn't that I didn't trust Kendo. I just wanted to be prepared.