22 | Burning to Ashes

[ Surprise!! I finally updated on a Sunday! So... I'm not actually dead!! :')

...Um??? The screenshot above was taken a bit after midnight on March 27, 2019, and I nearly threw my phone when I saw it. #1 in angst? Y'all are just so amazing, I might cry. Thank you so much for all of the support on this story, and thanks for the feedback as well. You may not notice, but a few things in this fanfic were inspired by your comments, so I thank you for that. 🤧🤧

By the way, I copied the story (minus the headcanons segments, the author's notes, and this chapter, since I hadn't written it yet as I'm writing this) and pasted it in a Google Docs to see how long this is. It totaled to being 147 pages and 49,000, almost 50,000 words. So, if you binge read this in one sitting, I applaud and respect you. But damn, I didn't think it was THAT long, lmao...!

Trigger warnings for this chapter include the infamous chest pains (you're finally going to see how they work!), vomit, blood, cursing because of a sleepy Y/N who's in pain, and two kinda gay moments. ]

Headcanons | Kyoka Jiro
[Also known as the friend you made behind the scenes.]

-I haven't really shown your bond too much so far, but she does care for you, which is rare, as she doesn't care about much? I just see her as the nonchalant and sarcastic type who has a lot of insecurities deep down and keeps on a "face" for the most part, if you know what I mean. However, you're one of the few who saw through that facade and were able to get her to open up, allowing yourself to become more comfortable around her in return.

-You listen to music together a lot, and often swap playlists. You know which instruments she plays and vice versa, and you've also heard her sing before. She's really good at it, too, and one day you want her to show the others. This caused you two to make a promise, saying that the both of you would do a duet for the others when the opportunity arose.

-You've made plans about starting a band on the side, actually! Sure, you have to gather other people and yes, you don't have much time due to school and such, but eventually, that's what you plan to do. Teasingly, she also said that they could perform at you and Todoroki's wedding.

-You haven't talked to her about the band since.

-Doesn't pay too much attention to your crush on Todoroki as much as a few of the others do—Mina, Toru, and Ochaco, for example—but does see it happening in the future. I mean, it's kinda obvious to everyone else around you how good the chemistry between the two of you is, so it would be shocking if the ship didn't sail. However, part of her wishes for it to be delayed as long as possible due to another reason...

• • • • •

"Y/N-chan, over here! Let's play!"

Blinking open my eyes, I found myself sitting on a swing set, being significantly shorter than I was used to. Looking down at my attire—a white t-shirt underneath F/C overalls and matching sneakers, along with a pair of glasses balanced precariously on the bridge of my nose—I realized that this dream took place when I was younger. Taking in my surroundings and recalling the familiar landscape, I soon figured out what memory this was.