20 | Until the End of the Week

[ This is either going to have one more part or two, but I still need to finish the planning regarding that. Also, I've been TRYING to work on the epilogue some more, because I know EXACTLY how I want this to end, but I keep on getting so emotional. Hell, I get emotional just thinking about this book ending, which is why I'm tearing up as I write this. This fanfic is like my baby, goodness... :')

As of late, I refer back to the manga rather than the anime because that's just easier personally, although I do occasionally make exceptions. So that's why I skipped the pool episode. That, and I didn't think that Y/N would be that interested in going in the first place.

No headcanons this time. I'm saving them for next. Sorry about that! ]

• • • • •

After our little "moment," things got a bit awkward between us. However, I managed convinced myself that it could've been worse, so I just tried to survive the rest of the visit.

When the two of us left, it was pitch black outside, and I realized that I had stayed much longer that I had planned to. We both wore a flower crown on our heads, leaving the extra flowers for Rei to enjoy. My body was still warm from her tight hug minutes before, but I didn't complain. It was a nice change, since my body temperature was usually cold even in the middle of summertime, especially in my hands. I fiddled with the end of my sleeve as we walked side by side down the sidewalk, shoulders occasionally bumping into each other and only the sounds of crickets and our footsteps filling our ears.

That is, until Shouto spoke, breaking the silence between us.

"Thanks for coming with me to visit my mother," he said to me, tilting his head so that he could glance at me from the corner of his eye. Blinking, I returned his gaze, heart thumping in my chest as we made eye contact. "It felt refreshing, having you there, and I think she enjoyed the extra company as well."

Once again, I blinked, processing his words. Once I did, I smiled sheepishly, raising my free hand—the other grasped my ukulele—to push up my glasses, as they were on the verge of sliding off of my nose. "Oh, it was no biggie! I'm just glad that you trusted me enough to let me meet her. She's so kind!"

"She is..." He trailed off, falling into deep thought. At this point, I was used to it, although I couldn't help but wonder what was going on in his head.

He ended up dropping me at my home before heading to his own, probably to avoid Endeavor for as long as possible. That, or he was just a huge gentleman. When we got to my door, I found myself getting downcast, wishing that we could spend more time together. Though, that would just be greedy to think. I had just turned to wish him goodnight when my free hand was grabbed, catching me by surprise.

All I could do was watch with bated breath as my hand was brought to his lips, hovering near them for a heartbeat before he planted a kiss on it, holding my gaze all the while. I could feel his smile widen as I stuttered out an incomprehensible sentence, clearly flustered, and swore that I could even hear him chuckle lightly afterwards. But the moment ended sooner than I'd like.

Backing up and letting my hand fall to my side, he stared at me for a bit, wearing a thoughtful expression. "Sleep well, Y/N."

I responded only when he started to walk off, raising my voice so that he could hear. "Goodnight, Shouto!"