Chapter 39

Author's POV

"Can we talk?" Jungkook asked as he dragged his chair and sat beside Jimin, "no." Jimin replied looking at the papers scattered on his desk, "Please?" Jungkook said, "no." Jimin gave the same reply, "I'm really sorry Jimin.. please.." Jimin looked at him, "this is not the time to speak about your personal issues Sergeant Jeon. You are the team's leader, act like it." He said, "I can't concentrate on my work... please?" He begged, "what do you wanna talk about?" Jimin asked, "about why you slapped me? Wanna give some explanation? Or say sorry? Okay fine do it. But don't expect me to forgive you."

"Jimin.. please.. we are having a kid." He said, "so?" Jimin asked and Jungkook became silent, "You disrespected me Jungkook. That slap didn't just bruise my skin but also my self-respect, my pride. If you had problems then why didn't you tell me instead of starting a fight? From the very beginning of our relationship you have been keeping secrets.. I am tired of it. I'm so tired..." he said, "your self respect and pride means more to you? More than us?" Jungkook asked. "Yes it does." And Jimin gave a blunt reply.

"You know why? Because I have struggled my way to this position, my whole fucking life has been a warzone... I have met men who did nothing but degrade me, they called me by names and they even tried to force themselves upon me and it happened over and over again. My pride and the respect and love I have for myself is the reason that I am still alive. When I met you.. it felt different, it felt safe for me.. but you showed your true colours today." He said looking back at the paper scattered desk, "I know.. I understand... I cannot relate to the struggles you had to go through, I know I was wrong, I was so wrong, I didn't know what I was speaking, I was stressed.. but... it was a silly fight Jimin-" "-a silly fight where you physically abused me?"

"I am sorry! I am sorry! I really am! It was a mistake.. I know I made a mistake.. and I'll shoot myself before even thinking about hurting you again.. I'm so sorry-." Jungkook said and as he moved one of his injured hands he got hurt again as it struck the table. Jimin quickly looked at his hands with concerned eyes and then at Jungkook who was silently cursing with a scrunched up face.

Jimin quickly reached up for the older's hand and held them onto his lap, "tsk... how did this happen?" He asked. Jungkook looked at him blinking, he chuckled a bit, "you are still angry with me, right?" He asked and Jimin rolled his eyes being a little annoyed. "Jiminie.. please forgive me.." Jungkook said again and Jimin left his hands, "why were you so frustrated, earlier today?" He asked. Jungkook looked away, "um.. I... It was... it was nothing, the case is tough and Park Sehun got away again so..." Jungkook said but the way he said those words, it was clear to Jimin that he was lieng.

Jimin sighed looking back at the work he was doing, "first learn to say the truth then think of coming to me, asking for forgiveness." He said, "Jimin-" Jungkook tried to say something but was cut off, "-I. hate. liars. I'm surprised how you still don't know this? You have the guts to lie to me even after what you did to me earlier today." Jungkook became silent. "I don't want a relationship that is built up with lies. I don't want a relationship with a liar-" "-babe please... I admit that I have hidden the truth from you before but you got to know it later right?" Jungkook said holding Jimin's palms into his own.

"Yeah.. I did.. but the truth you are hiding from me "now" is something I don't want to wait for later. I want to know it now." Jimin argued in a furious voice, "calm down Jiminie. There is nothing I am hiding from you." Jungkook said with a with his brows furrowed and eyes portraying sadness.

"Is it?" Jimin asking as he looked at Jungkook dead in the eyes and the older averted the gaze after a while which made the smaller chuckle a bit in an unamused manner, "you know what? Me carrying your son, doesn't make me your property, if I don't get to know the truth, I will make sure that this relationship never mends."