Chapter 1

Author's POV

"Attention everyone. Park Jimin here is the new addition to our detective squad." Police Captain Mr. Choi spoke catching everyone's attention.

"Detective Park this is the squad and you are very welcome in it." Captain Choi turned to Jimin with a smile extending his hand for a handshake which the latter gladly accepted with a pretty smile.

"Okay.." the Captain now cleared his throat, turning to the squad again, "Sergeant Kim Namjoon here would explain you everything that you need to be familiar with and this.... is Detective Jeon Jungkook.... you partner." Jeon Jungkook's brows raised as his mouth parted a bit hearing those words, his gaze was directed to Captain Choi who decided to simply ignore it as he continued speaking.

"And there's your desk right in front of Detective Jeon's.." Jimin nodded and then bowed respectfully infront of the Captain.

The older male smiled patting Jimin's shoulder and then turned to move towards his office. Jungkook on the other hand, wasting no time, quickly walked right behind him and once they were inside the office, "okay, we need to talk." He said closing the door behind him. "You know I dont need a partner, and him? That fragile showpiece? Really?" Jungkook questioned with annoyance laced in his voice and Captain Choi laughed.

"He is not a fragile showpiece Kook, he was one of the best uniformed cops and that's why he got selected plus he has a really sharp brain, just like you, he is the perfect partner for you trust me." He said but Jungkook still had a straight face.

"Hyung you know I dont want a partner." Jungkook said remembering the past incidents that lead to his first beloved work partner's death, he doesn't want something like that to repeat itself.

"Even if you don't, he needs one, he is new and you are one of my well experienced detectives so help him out, if it becomes difficult to work with him I'll separate the two of you, okay?" Jungkook gave it a thought and after a while finally nodded his head in agreement.

"And one more thing, he is a really beautiful person, I know, but try not to be a creep, you know what I mean, he is tough and he'll break your hands if you do something-" Captain said in a tone of sarcasm but his words were interrupted, "-haha.. very funny, thanks for the forewarning... but I have a girlfriend and I am very happy with her." Jungkook too, spoke in a tone of sarcasm, with his eyes squinted.

"Haha your girlfriend! Ofcourse, i know and I was kidding, he is a really good person so dont be rude." The Captain laughed again as he concluded.

"Okay, hyung."----- "Yaah! I'm your captain call me 'captain' !" Jungkook rolled his eyes. "Fine hyung.." and saying that, he ran out of the office.

"This brat, when will he grow up?" Captain Choi sighed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Hello detective Jeon." Jimin held out a hand for a handshake, "detective Park." Jungkook muttered as they shook each other's hands.

Jungkook put down some files on Jimin's desk, "I'm working on this murder case. Another murder has been reported this week, murder weapon missing, one suspect, four witnesses." He sounded frustrated, this is one of the cases that he was unable to solve after all of his extreme efforts.

Jimin picked up the pictures of the victim's body and examined them closely. "How many murders all together?" He asked. "Three, including this one." ----- "Three murders, missing weapon... hmm." Jimin said to himself engulfed in his thoughts, "did every murder had a suspect?" Jimin asked.

"Yeah, all three of them had three different suspects." The younger male raised an eyebrow.

"But I think, these murders are linked and-" ----- "-only a single person is responsible for these murders." Jimin completed Jungkook. A smile crept onto Jungkook's face, he was impressed by the younger. "Yes indeed."

Jimin was really into the case that Jungkook got his hopes high too in solving it and so he pulled his chair beside him and they started to discuss the case together. Jungkook was really impressed by the younger's sharp mind and now that he had someone to help, the task felt easier, but there was a distraction that caught his eyes again and again... and that was Jimin's beautiful face.

To be continued....

______________________________________