Chapter 30

Author's POV

Same day(night time)

"How are they?" Seokjin asked as soom as he saw Namjoon enter the living room. "She fell asleep?" Namjoon asked instead as he looked at their a year old daughter who was sleeping on Seokjin's lap, "yeah... she fell asleep just now.. Joon, what happened? Did you tell them?" Seokjin looked up at Namjoon with a worried face. Namjoon went to meet Mr. And Mrs. Jeon, to let them know about their son's death and so he did but seeing how miserable both the parents were he couldn't stay there anymore, he came back as fast as he could.

He came and sat down on the couch beside Seokjin, "what happened...?" Seokjin asked again caressing the latter's cheeks, "I am not feeling well.." Namjoon said putting in head on the latter's shoulder, his eyes teared up, "he died because of me." He said tears rolling down his eyes, "what?"

"He wasn't supposed to get shot... I was.." Namjoon said and Seokjin's eyes widened as his heart beat fastened a bit, only thinking about it, "what...? You.. you.." "he pushed me away and got shot instead and then left us all forever. I don't know how I'm going to get out of it.. ever... it's all because of me.. he couldn't even get to know about his unborn child."

"No hon.. you did nothing." Seokjin said caressing Namjoon's head, "it was his choice, he wanted to save his hyung. He didn't knew it would end up like this, neither did we.. stop feeling guilty Joonie, it wasn't your fault." He said in a soothing voice comforting Namjoon, "I'm tired." He said slowly getting up of the couch and made an attempt to go to his room but Seokjin caught his hand and stood up too taking sleeping Hyemi in his arms, "yeah... you should rest." They went towards their room.

Seokjin put Hyemi on the crib while Namjoon took a freshning bath and came and sat down on the bed motionless. He still couldn't forget the sight of his beloved brother's dead body, though they were cousins but they both loved each other as their own, they grew up playing and fighting with eachother and ended up working with each other too. He just couldn't accept the fact that he was the reason of Jungkook's death, he couldn't even look at Jimin properly earlier that day. He was guilty and he's going to be guilty all his life, he knows that.

"Joon..." Seokjin's soft and soothing voice broke his chain of thoughts and he looked back. Seokjin who was lying on the bed with his back resting on the headboard opened his arms towards Namjoon, "come on." He called and the older smiled a sad smile and slipped under the fluffy blanket and got closer to Seokjin putting his head on the latter's chest while the smaller wrapped his arms around his muscular figure and cuddled him hoping the older would get a good sleep.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Next day

"He is not good! Of course he is not good! How do you think he'll be good? He is miserable and we are dead worried about him and your baby and you are here asking me stupid questions.*sighs*.... He knows your dead. DEAD." ---- "Yoongi hyung?" Sergeant Min Yoongi, the head of the uniformed cops department looked around as soon as he heard someone call his name and saw Jimin standing there and looking at him with a questioning face. They were currently at their dear deceased friend and collegue, Jeon Jungkook's funeral. He quickly hung up his phone call, "yes?" He said, "umm.... I just came to call you.." ---- "oh let's go.." he said with an assuring smile.

"who were you talking to hyung? It seems like you had a fight." Jimin said, "I was talking to my.... to Hoon.. I was talking to Hoon." Yoongi said in a slight stuttering voice, "you and Hoon are back together again." Jimin said feeling happy, "what?... yeah.... I... we are." Jimin gave him a soft smile, he was happy for the couple, "Did you forgive him hyung?" Yoongi softly nodded, "Is that why he is transfering back to our precint again?" ---- "He is coming back?... oh yes, yes, that.... is the reason. He... he wanted to come and meet you too, but he has some work at the moment." ---- "Oh hyung.. it's okay, we'll be working together after a few months anyways."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Five months later