Chapter 38

Author's POV

Next morning.

"Now... tell me.." Jimin said while taking a bite of his toasted bread, "eat first.. then i will.." Jungkook said as he kept on typing something on his phone. Jimin put down the toast on the plate and looked at him, now he has completely lost his patience. "You're telling me.. or you want me to do something which you will not like?" He said in a cold voice and the older slowly looked up at him. He opened his mouth to say something but he didn't. After yesterday, he was... kinda scared of Jimin.

He sighed, "....your mother and my father happened to have gotten engaged with each other on a mission of exposing your father, years ago and.... the situation we are in right now is just the outcome of it." He said casually while Jimin was all confused, his eyebrows where furrowed, and lips slightly parted. "What?" He asked.

"This is just the jist of it, you'll get to know the full story after the we reach the precinct.. okay?" Jimin eyebrows straightened, "okay... but... does everyone at the precinct knows you are 'not dead' ?" He asked and Jungkook shook his head, "not everyone but I informed Captain Choi."

"But... what about the other's? What if they react upon you? Like.. Namjoon hyung was really depressed, he blames himself for your "fake" death.. now.. if he knows the truth, he'll react badly." Jimin said, "oh.. i forgot to tell you I told hyung as well... he was dissapointed but then he hugged me and... cried." He said sighing sadly.

"Oh... well.. uh. Okay then... but, don't do anything without informing me next time... your whole acting gave me suicidal thoughts over the months. Thanks to our baby.. i didn't attempt any of those.. huff..." Jimin said showing a bit of frustration, "Gosh... you could've just told me..." Jungkook dropped his phone on the table and pinched his nose bridge, the words Jimin spoke triggered his anger.

The latter was saying the same things since yesterday, he knew he was at fault but Jimin making him realise that again and again was now irritating him, his head was already messed up because of everything that was going on and according to him his lover was not ready to understand anything.

"I'm sorry... i know and i am guilty for what i did and you saying these stuff is not helping at all. I know it was hard for you, i shouldn't have made a plan like that, so abruptly... but giving them a chance to use you both to threaten me is something i didn't wanted.. you both are my weakness okay.. i admit.. and those people out there know that.. even if for a while but your father believed i was dead and that's why for those five months you were living peacefully... but you, just don't seem to understand that. Why?" He asked and Jimin looked at him blinking, "what?" He questioned not being able to understand what just happened.

"You don't have to state your words over and over again, i get it. But all this... it seems kind of unbelievable now." Jungkook said, "wait... what? You-you mean to say.. "this" is unbelievable, means it's an act.. my care for you is an act?" Jimin asked as he was really not being able to believe what Jungkook said, "tsk.. Jimin, we have similar jobs and this job is full of risks, death is common here. So, you have to be head strong all the time... all of this.. it seems like you are overdoing your actions..."

"Over... doing? You see.. my care and my love for you as overdoing? Overdoing which part exactly?" Jimin asked as his eyebrows furrowed and his tone of voice changed to a bit rude one. Jungkook sighed, "you are unbelievable... yes you are overdoing it.. overreacting about everything. It's done... it's over! Stop with your whinning now!" Jungkook almost yelled out his words and when he looked at Jimin his expression softened right then, Jimin's eyes brimmed with tears, "Jimin-" "-you wouldn't have said those things if you were in my shoes.." he said cutting off Jungkook's words.