Chapter Two

I woke up on soft grass, and a familiar scent wrapped around me... I touched arm and felt fabric. Looking around, I noticed I was still in Outertale, with Dream nearby also zzzzz-ing. Oof-

So wait- What was around me, lol, is someone tryna kill me?

It was a blue scarf... A familiar one- It was the one I made with Error, before- Well, before...

Why'd he wrap it around me, though? 

Error laid beside me, his eyes still fluttered shut. His chest heaved as he slowly breathed in and out, while his jacket-

His jacket... I looked at my lap and noticed he had covered both of us. I felt my face heat up as I realized- He covered me while I was asleep?! Was I cold? Shivering?? WAS HIS JACKET POISONED SO THAT IT'D SLOW ME DOWN IN BATTLE WHEN HE PLANNED TO ATTACK US?!

The jacket slid a bit, which was a movement from beside me. Error had sat up drowsily, looking around- Until he noticed me. His pretty eyes widened as he noticed I had already awoken before a soft yellow colour dusted his cheeks.

Cute.

Oh god, I'm so gay-

"Ah- Ink!" He hurriedly pulled his jacket back and held it to himself, obviously embarrassed. "Don't get things twisted! You were shivering in your sleep, so I gave you an extra layer."

I smiled lightly. "I see. Thank you, Error."

This feeling... Familiarity with Error. It felt... similar.

But why was I only feeling this feeling now, and not sooner? I think it appeared... yesterday.

"Ink! Blue!" I heard a very happy voice, along with a bright aura reaching towards Blue and me, who were lazily laying on the floor of Blue's house in UnderSwap. Carrot had gone out (thank the stars, he would've strangled me to death) to Muffet's, and so Blue and I were just chilling. 

Dream had earlier said he had things to do, so obviously we did not expect it when he yeeted the door open urgently.

Blue and I popped up from the floor, eyes wide. 

"What is it, Dreamy?!" Blue cried, running to the yellow Sans. "Are you injured?!"

Dream looked embarrassed. "Ah- Nonono! Can we..." he looked a bit uncomfortable. "Talk in private? Just the three of us?"

I felt like something was up, so I nodded. "Sure. Where to?"

"Outertale's Star Garden... Someone's waiting for us there. We have something to tell you."

The three of us popped into a portal to Outertale.

"Y-You two are..." I pointed at Dream and a certain Anti-Sans, jaws legit to the floor. "DATING?!"

Dream nodded shyly. 

Blue looked ghostly. "I- Uhh- Wh-"

Killer looked at Blue with a grin. "It's okay, I won't let your secret slip."

His boyfriend- APPARENTLY. Looked at Killer with confusion and had puppy-dog eyes. "Can't you tell me?"

Killer looked like he died a little inside- Whether from Dream's cuteness or guilt- For whatever reason. Blue's secret??? What the Hell does that mean?

"I-"

"Please, Dream!" Blue begged back. "Please don't ask any further..." He looked at me with regret. "I-I'll tell you guys one day, I promise! But I want to tell you guys myself, directly."

"Fine!" Dream huffed, puffing his cheeks. Killer pinched it softly, laughing as the smaller blew up in a rather smol anger.

"But..." I had barely accepted it. "What if we fight? Your loyalties..."

Dream and Killer stopped their gooey teasing and looked back. We were all silent, with Blue glancing up and down. Wow, the floor must be very interesting!

"What if..." Dream began. "The Star Sans' and the Anti Sans' formed a truce?"

My eyes snapped towards him, along with a look of disbelief. "Are you serious?! How can you even think of that?! I'll agree to that once those guys-" I pointed towards Killer. "Stop attacking us and everything we ever fought for!"

"Hey, hey!" Killer put his hands up defensively. "We don't have a choice. Not all of us think that destroying universes is fun- I mean, not all the time, at least."

"Then why do you do it?!" I demanded. "Stop making excuses."

Dream ushered for me to chill. How could I? This is basically risking everything I ever fought for- Everything I was created for!

"You mean, you don't know?" the opposite paused, looking at me... strangely.

"What do you-" I was about to speak up.

Well, about to. I clutched my arm, feeling hot liquid dripping down.

A coat of red dripped onto the grass, as something flew past me- Slicing my arm. I grunted and turned back, preparing to summon my black paint as a defense.

Nightmare stood a bit in front of me, retracting one of his tendrils. He looked angrier than usual.

"Ink! You son of a bitch!" He roared. "How could you DARE to tip the balance?! Do you know how many people you have endangered?!"

My heart sank.

"B-Balance...?"

A/N: Short chapter, but hopefully more frequent updates, lol. Thanks for reading!