[MISTAKEN REALITY] Side-story 3

[Shattered's Sidestory]

Where am I?

It was like- It is a whole different world- A whole different timeline, as Ink would've said it.

I was dying in my original life. They had finally taken me down. The last words I remember is the gentle whisper of Ink, light and calming tone...

"Goodbye, Dream..."

Was I given a second chance? To relive everything? To do the right thing? I grew excited. Happy. For the first time in a while. I was ready to start over agai-

"G-gah! Nightmare?!"

I...

The tentacles on my back twitched. That voice...

It sounded so... familiar. I turned around slowly, only to be met by the appearance of 'me'- The me of the past. Me of my past life, before I had given up and eaten that negativity apple... Before I became the current me.

Was I sent to watch myself suffer? Or was I sent to a different... timeline?

A smile grew on my face. No, not a polite one. It was one of greed- I could tell...

Fine. If the world wanted to be cruel to me- The person who was wronged, the one who was the victim of life's misfortunes, then I'll take it and cough it back up. I'll return the cruelty.

How could I rest in peace, knowing there were visions of me who lived an easy life...?

"W-Who are you...?"

I grinned widely. "I'm you... But in a world of peace."

I stood in front of a field of which I had just won a fight. The victory was mine, and Ink was next. How dare he betray me not once, not twice, but three times? Even the other timeline's Ink had betrayed me. 

Half of me wanted to scream. The other half- the half that's in control of the body, wanted to laugh. I wanted to laugh. I couldn't stop. I enjoyed killing.

It's too late to turn back.

Fine! If this world wanted to play victim, too, I'll MAKE them the victim! It's all their fault! It's theirs to blame! It's their fault. It's them...

But no matter how many times I told myself this lie, I couldn't convince myself. I knew everything I did was wrong. I knew I had made a grave mistake.

I could've, just maybe, possibly been accepted in this world as a new AU a God, even. I could've made new friends... But I've fucked up that chance.

'I' felt like crying, but I felt like harming. I wanted to absolutely ruin this timeline- Just like how mine was ruined. It's unfair that I had made a single mistake and ruined the lives of so many people I cared for, but how couldn't I? I did what I thought was right, and I was simply wrong! Nobody would forgive me after that! Nobody believed in me! Not Ink, not Killer, not Blue- Nobody!

Nobody at all.
Nobody.

"I forgive you, Shattered Dream."

Those words made me in peace... Nobody in my timeline would ever say that to me. It felt like it was okay to die now- Like I had a whole weight lifted off my shoulder. I gave him one more smile and closed my eyes.

I took my final breath.

If I were to do this all over again...

I'd accept my mistakes and restart my life.