Chapter 16

“This is a joke right?” I asked Cassie shakily.  I was hoping, praying, that it was all some hoax, but deep down, I knew it wasn’t.

“I’m so, so sorry, Abbs.”  She said sadly.

“It-it can’t be true.  It just can’t!” I wailed, bursting into tears.

“I’m sorry, sweetie.” She sighed, pulling me into a hug.  Her phone rang, and she sighed angrily when she saw the caller ID. “What?!” She snapped angrily when she answered it.

“Who is it?” I sniffled.

She held up a finger.  “Yes, she saw it!” She hissed. “Here’s a bright idea, moron, you call her instead of me.”  She said, pushing the end button and screaming in frustration.

“What is all the yelling about?” My dad asked, coming into the living room.

“Boys.” Cassie scowled.

“What happened, Abby?” Dad asked, taking note of my facial expression.

“Louis-”

“-And I got into a fight.” I said, cutting Cassie off.  She gave me a puzzled look, and I shook my head slightly.

“Well if you need me to go attack his head with a gun, let me know.” Dad said, walking out of the room.

“Why didn’t you tell him that Louis is a cheating as-”

“No cursing.  Do you really want to tell my father that Louis is a cheater?”

“Yes!”

“Look…as angry and hurt as I am right now, I don’t want my dad attacking Louis with a gun.”

“But he deserves it!” She spat.

“I don’t…I really don’t want to talk about this anymore.” I said, tears welling up in my eyes.

“Do you want me to go and hit him with my crutches?”  She asked and I shook my head.

My phone rang, and I looked at the caller ID: Louis

“It’s him.” I said, looking at the phone.

“Don’t pick up.  He doesn’t deserve you.” She seethed

“Hello?” I sniffled, trying to keep my voice steady.

“Abby, I am so, so sorry.  I promise, it isn’t what it looks like.”  He said through the phone.

I paused for a moment, and took a deep breath. “I thought you said she was gross and old.”

“I didn’t cheat on you!”

“Well the pictures looked pretty convincing.”

“I know, and I’m sorry! Please let me explain.” He pleaded.

“I need some time.” I said, hanging up the phone and letting out a shaky breath.

“Are you alright?”  She asked.

“No.” I said, trying my best not to burst into tears again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sorry it’s short!  I’m sort of angry at guys right now, haha, So Louis will be the bad guy for a while.  Please vote and comment, thanks