Chapter 12

“Can we watch another one?” Louis asked excitedly.

I groaned that boy had too much energy; it was almost two o’clock in the morning, and I was practically falling asleep on him. He and I had taken the couch, while Cassie and Harry took the floor.  They were both asleep, Harry about two feet from the couch and Cassie was about five feet away

“I’ve created a monster.” I groaned, pressing a pillow to my face.  “Will you go to bed?”

“But I have so much energy!” He replied, standing up, jumping on the couch and then promptly loosing his footing and falling off the couch onto Harry, who was sleeping peacefully.

“Ow!” He yelled, his eyes snapping open as he grimaced in pain, rubbing his stomach.  “What on earth are you still awake for?”

“I was watching ‘Psych’”

“Still?” he muttered tiredly.  “Geez, how many episodes have you watched?

“I think this is the fourth.”

“Go to sleep.” I muttered, pulling the blanket up to my chin

“Fine.” He sighed, lying on his back and fidgeting. “Do you want to go for a walk?” He asked me, moving so that he was sitting next to me and staring down at my face.

“No! I want to sleep!” I snapped.  “Did you have coffee or something?”

“I may have had one…or five cups.” he shrugged sheepishly.

“You are NEVER going to fall asleep” I groaned and looked at Harry and Cassie, she was still sound asleep, never stirring while Harry had fallen back asleep, his curls looking more like a mane than hair.

“You’re very right…stay up with me?”

“I really like you, but I also like sleep, so…no.” I said, shutting my eyes.

“But I can’t sleep.” He whined.

“Then do jumping jacks, run in place, SOMETHING to get your energy out, but please, for the love of all things that are holy, let. Me. Sleep.” 

He sighed. “Alright.  I’ll see you in the morning.” He said, kissing my forehead.

~*~

“It’s almost one; don’t you think we should wake Louis?” Harry asked me, staring at his best friend.

“Nah.  Let him sleep, I woke up at six, and he was still awake.”

“What time did he go to sleep?” Cassie asked me, eyeing Louis.

“Seven.  He fell asleep mid-conversation.  It was really funny.” I grinned.

“I can see that.” Harry laughed.

“Yeah…so just let him wake up on his own.”

“Fine…but he’s going to be annoyed that he wasted more than half the day.”

“Oh well; he’ll get over it.” I shrugged. “What do you wanna do in the mean time?”

“We could play cards?” Harry suggested.  I looked down at the sling my arm was in and then looked back at Harry.

“Can we do something that doesn’t involve two arms, please?”

“Oh yeah.” He said, scratching his head. “Uh…um…what can we do?”

“I have no idea….oh! I have a fun game.”  I grinned.

“What is it?” Cassie asked.

“We tell a story, but we can only say one word at a time.  Cassie and I will show you, and then we can play again.” I said and Harry nodded.

“I love that game! Okay, you start.” She said.

I nodded. “One”

“Day”

“A”

“Ginormous”

“Pineapple” I grinned

She thought for a moment before her face lit up with an idea. “Decided”

“It”

“Didn’t”

“Want”

She sat cross-legged on the floor. “To”

I joined her and we sat right across from each other. “Be”

“A”

“Pineapple”

She leaned back on her shoulders. “Anymore”

“So”

“It”

“Became”

“A”

“UNICORN!” I yelled before we burst out laughing.

Harry stared at us in amusement.  He was grinning the whole time, and his dimples were prominent.

“That was…a very interesting story.” He said, holding back a laugh.

“You two are really loud.”  Louis mumbled groggily from the couch.

“Good morning sleeping beauty.” I grinned widely.

“Shhh…you’re too loud, and it’s far too early for you guys to be this energetic.” He groaned, pressing the pillow to his face.

“Louis?”

“Hmm?” He replied, half-asleep.

“It’s one thirty.”

“What? I wasted the entire day? Holy crap! Why didn’t you wake me?!” He yelled, shooting up and then falling back into the pillows, squeezing his eyes shut.

“You alright?” Harry asked, obviously finding Louis’ reaction quite humorous.

“Head rush.”

“Don’t do that.” He replied, earning himself a pillow to the face by none other than Louis.

“Shut up.” He grumbled.

“Aww cheer up, Louis.” I said; I didn’t like when he was grumpy, for one, it was quite a shock to find that he wasn’t always as hyper as he was in the video diaries (alright, it was very rare for him not to be his usual, quirky self…but it still happened.)

“Sorry.” He mumbled, pouting like a child.  I rolled my eyes and got up, going to the fridge and pulling out half a bag of carrots.

“Here.” I said, chucking them at him.  My aim was way off and the bag landed about three yards to his left, hitting Cassie in the face.

“Ow!” She yelped, rubbing her nose as I doubled over in laughter. “How on earth are you so good at tennis when you can’t aim for crap?”  Harry chuckled, trying not to laugh too much, seeing as she was still his girlfriend.  Louis, however, was not so good at holding in his laughter.  He clutched his stomach, falling off the couch and continued laughing.

“I’m sorry, Cassie.” I laughed, wiping away a tear.

“Stop laughing! It’s not that funny.” She huffed, crossing her arms.

“Sorry, Cass.” I said, chuckling slightly.  “I didn’t mean to pelt you with carrots.”

“It’s not your fault you suck at aiming.” She said and I gave her the evil eye,

“My aim is awesome.”

“Yeah, okay.” She rolled her eyes.

“I was going for the trick shot.  Ya know…the one where I throw it at you so hard that it ricochets off your face and goes to Louis.  I just didn’t throw it hard enough.” I said, sitting next to my boyfriend.  He pulled me closer and I felt his chest vibrate with silent laughter.

“Oh don’t worry.  You threw it plenty hard.” She grumbled and Harry pulled her into his lap.

“Well, now that that’s over…give me my carrots and put on a ‘Psych’.” He demanded and I shook my head, laughing slightly.