"Fuck Kayla. How can you act as if you've done no wrong?"

She gazed at me as if waiting for me to argue that fact. I couldn't. There was so much I done as a rogue, especially in my early years. "And you were the one who brought me from that mindset. You taught me so much. I never harmed another innocent since that last time...because of you." All this was true. "I never forgot about you."

"Damn it Kayla. I want to hate you." She stepped closer to me and I knew she was struggling between hitting me again or embracing me.

What would I do if she choice to embrace me. Nina slipped into my mind.

Rogue looked me in the eyes, not challenging me but herself. After a minute she snaked her arms around my waist and then moved her hands up my shoulder blades, gripping me tight. "My fathers not a bad man. He wants to protect our kind. You know what else is out there...that many are clueless about."

God...I wanted to believe her father was the man I once admired. Maybe I could go to him with an open mind. Maybe he changed his tactics after I tried to kill him. I was letting the love I once had for Rogue influence me.

I still loved her, I was just not in love with her anymore. I loved Nina. I did. I was just scared to admit that. But now...Rogue was in my arms and I finally wrapped my own around her back. I couldn't let her go.

Rogue lifted her head to the curve of my neck as she kissed me there. I gasped. God...I liked it. I needed to move away from her, but there was this smell on her that pulled me into her mind. I didn't know what it was. It was almost sweet and tantalizing. I almost wanted to bite her just to taste it in my mouth.

"Come back with me now," Rogue whispered in an lustrous manner.

I breathed like a panting dog, mouth agape feeling that pull to follow her. Rogue moved her hands over my breast and then slid her fingers inside the hem of my jeans. "Choose me..." She was begging me.

I almost said okay when Nina and Kaylee snapped back in my head. What was happening? I didn't feel in complete control over my actions. I felt...almost enthralled by her, through her scent.

"I c-can't..." I muttered as if unsure of my own words. I can't what? I almost forgot when I was pushed away.

"Fine. You know Kayla, despite the fact that you betrayed me...I still love you. You want me. I know you do. I...should be your mate. We should raise that daughter of yours together."

I looked at her astonished. She still loved me despite everything. "Your brother misses you." I tried to divert this conversation.

She blanched a moment and then recovered. "I'll see you in a few days." She walked off and I watched until I could no longer see her.

~~~
Nina
~
"Has she come back yet?"

"Does it look like she has Rachel?" I said annoyed. I continued to frown staring at the same spot for the last twenty minutes, leaning against the counter.

When I arrived back with Kaylee this morning everyone was full of questions. None I could answer.

Most of the day went by stretched out too long and when night came my patience was the last thing I had little control over. Kaylee was in a bad mood wondering when Mckayla would get back. She was afraid she ran off without her. As much as Mckayla probably wanted to run, I knew she wouldn't leave Kaylee. Far as leaving me, I couldn't stay optimistic of that.

"If we caused any type of disturbance in your home...we all apologize. We can--"

I waved Felix off. "No need for that." I sighed trying to wear a positive face. The problems between Mckayla and I was of our own doing. "You're all welcomed to stay."