Walls

Everything is back to normal after the news about the baby has been spilled, at first his mom and the triplets are a bit weary of the boy, saddened that they lost their first born and their grandchild.

They are all hurting but Louis, Louis is fine, in fact he wakes up an hour early for a smoothie and a morning run.

"What is he doing?" Edward asks incredulously.

"He's running" Harry explains the obvious.

"He hasn't been on a run since cheerleading tryouts" Marcel fishmouths.

"I know" Harry says again.

All of the boys spent time coping differently, Harry starting working out excessively again and Marcel spent a lot of his time picking up races and working on cars to keep his mind busy and Edward spends every waking moment high. They almost don't notice how chirpy Louis seems to be acting until they were all in the kitchen at the same time.

A bright smile on his face as he put avocado on toast causing his boyfriends to look at him funny, he hardly notices as he hums happily munching on his toast, Louis never eats avocado, he finds them annoying, 'it's the trendiest food of all time' he always says, 'it's what celebrities have all the time and take little pictures before posting them' his face would scrunch up in disgust but apparently that has all changed.

He pulls a bottle of water out of the fridge and presses a kiss to each of his boyfriends lips before walking out of the door leaving everyone dumbstruck in his wake.

He runs, he runs and runs and runs until his legs are jelly and he can't breathe right.

He stops at a nearby park refilling his water bottle and taking a rest and a nearby park unconsciously putting his hand on his stomach while he watches the kids play.

When he feels a tear sliding down his cheek his face hardens and he makes the trip back home.

~~~

When he's home he finds himself heading straight for the game room sensing his mates there.

His thoughts turn out true when he opens the door exposing his mates, Marcel and Edward lazily making out on a bean bag chair whereas Harry is so invested in his game of FIFA he doesn't even flinch when Louis plops into his lap. Wrapping his large arms around the boy as he continues his game.

Harry's steady heartbeat nearly pulls the boy to sleep until he's jostled as Harry stands in a fit of rage.

"Fuck!" He shouts causing Louis to flinch, Harry catches him before he can fall, he's gasping as Harry doesn't even take his eyes off the screen.

He can hear one of Harry's friends laughing through the headset and he doesn't even noticed he zoned out until Harry is looking down at his spot cradled in the arms arms, and his lips are moving.

"I'm sorry what?" He blushes bashfully.

"Wanna shower with me?" He smiles big staring into Louis' eyes.

"Is that your way of telling me I smell" Louis throws his head back in laughter and it feels so foreign for him to be happy like this, it seemed like one thing after another was knocking him over in life and he's glad to have this moment and he would be selfish with it, he'd draw it out to have a long lasting memory for when something bad happens again.

"Well yes, but it's also an excuse to get you naked so I can admire your stunning body, like seriously I could write sonnets about it" Harry explains dreamily as he walks the boy towards the en-suite in his bedroom.

"It's not like you need an excuse" Louis scoffs rolling his eyes as he strips, his eyes ghosted over the jacuzzi and his eyes light up.

"How about a bath instead?" He asks turning to his boyfriend who was already on his way over to the tub, adjusting the dials until warm water started filling the tub.

Louis strips the rest of the way when Harry pulls him into a very deep and heartfelt kiss.

"I'll love you so much Louis, and what happened," he rests a large hand on the small boys stomach before continuing. "What happened hurt a lot, but we'll get through it together, always together" He presses a kiss to Louis' forehead and Louis almost didn't notice the collapsing of the walls he'd built around his heart.