"She left"

-some parts based on true events-

After saying goodbyes to my mother in the hospital I made my way, the two hour drive to my biological sister, Jada's house.

She informed me that she lives with our older brother Zachariah or Riah for short.

I spend most of the time after that trying to figure out why he didn't go with Zac but the more I contemplate the more I realize I love Riah and it's such a unique name and I'm so nervous to meet the holder of it.

She tells me he's in college and they share an apartment while she finishes her last upcoming year of high school then she'll join him at the college he's attending where he's a sophomore trying for a law degree.

He enjoys wilderness hence the camping trip. He loves backpacking and building bonfires.

Where she's more on the creative spectrum of painting and photography and I wanna tell how my adoptive brother is the same way but that hurt just gathers back up in my chest.

So I tell her about me.

"Um I'm really into fashion and I love makeup if you couldn't tell" I flutter my falsies.

"I dabble in art as well whenever inspiration strikes. I love writing I could do it all day. I love drag racing and shopping and reptiles and shoes.....I love the beach" I sigh dreamily.

"What about boys?!" She asks excitedly.

And the happy thoughts I once had vanished.

Flashblack:

"Come in" Damon says answering the door.

"Gotta admit didn't except to see you back so soon." He smirks walking into the living room pouring a glass of bourbon.

"Might as well pour one for me" I drop the bag I was holding onto the couch.

"That bad? How long you staying?" He asks, handing me a glass.

I take a mouthful, wielding myself to swallow the dreadful liquid.

"I'm not sure...where's Stephen?" I timidly ask.

"Out bunny-hunting, you know how he is" He says rolling his eyes.

"Just a couple of weeks. I need to cool down before I go back"

Needless to say I didn't.

/End of flashback/

"There's no one I'm serious with right now...just a couple of flings." I look away.

"Yeah there's no one I'm with either." She said sadly.

"Was there someone tho?" I question looking up say her say on the couch from my spot on the floor.

"Yeah this girl...we met in seventh grade when I had just found out she was bi...she had a girlfriend but in that moment all I wanted was for her to be in my life. We did everything together including coming to school early and leaving late just to see each other. We both lied and said we were studying but we would always hang out in the girls locker room." She lets out a small laugh. "I remember the time we were in there unaware that their was a basketball game that night. The guest team was using the girls locker room to get ready we panicked not knowing what to do but I made a noice loud enough for the coach to notice and help us getting out of there." She smiles at the memory.

"I'd been there for her through every single heartbreak waiting for her to realize that I'm right here and wont ever hurt her and that I'd treat her the best I could. I spent years like that. Until she got a new girlfriend who made her cut me outta her life. That was the worst year for me. Until the beginning of this year.
She told me that she was in love with me and it's always been me and she wants get married and have kids and move in together....All of the love lasted five days before she ignored me. 3 days after was when I had enough and I asked her why. She said her mom didn't approve of us being together because she had hurt me so many times in the past that us just being friends seemed like the only option. I was blinded by rage that she hurt me...again, I should've expected it but still. Then 2 days after that I agreed to just be her friend and then she asked to be friends with benefits and I didn't understand that. She can't have a relationship with me but she wants to fuck? Who does that?" At this point she sobbing so I stand to sit next to her and gather her in my arms.

"It's okay" I tried to sooth.

"Anyways" She wipes her tears.

"We didn't talk for week after that. We weren't avoiding each other we just didn't talk all that much. And then out of no where she started talking shit about my best friend and I texted asking her what the hell had gotten into her. She ignored me and deleted our nicknames and unfriended me on Facebook and blocked me on Snapchat. I was hurt but she finally did something I never have the courage to do." She sighs.

"And what's that?"

The look she gives me makes my heart utterly heavy.

"She left."

~~~

New story coming soon hopefully xx