Parkers First Date

Melina POV:

"I know there's no way you were at the school studying yesterday." Lucas said as he eyed me down across the counter. I shoveled another spoonful of cereal into my mouth ignoring him. "So what were you really up to?"

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Because I know you're lying." Lucas said.

"Melina! Where were you last night?" Carmen asked running down the stairs and grabbing me in a hug, fully dressed in her uniform with matching headband. Classic Car.

"A new friend was helping me with work I missed." I said.

"Well you missed a family meeting." Carmen said.

"I'm sure Ben and Jordyn didn't notice." I said rolling my eyes.

"You might want to talk to them, they have some stuff to tell you." Carmen said. "Are you both ready to go to school? I told Nate I'd meet him there early."

"I'll meet you guys there, I still need to brush my teeth." I said.

"Ditto." Lucas said still staring at me.

"Cool. See ya!" Carmen smiled and headed into the elevator. I looked back up at Lucas who continued to stare at me.

"What's your issue?" I asked.

"I'm gonna figure out your secret." he said.

"Alright freak." I finished breakfast, went up and brushed my teeth and Lucas was already gone. Whatever. I got in the car and headed off to school. When I arrived, I couldn't find Carmen and the guys in the courtyard. Guess they went inside already. I found somebody I did know though. "Vanessa!" She turned her head around and smiled big when she saw me.

"She's alive!" Vanessa laughed as she jumped off of the table she had been sitting on.

"Somehow!" I laughed grabbing her in a hug.

"I'm so sorry again for last night, I didn't realize it was your first time smoking otherwise we wouldn't have started so strong." Vanessa laughed.

"It's fine. My uncles girlfriend took me home and I had the best sleep of my life." I said.

"Did she snitch on you?"

"Nah, she's cool. Besides, I told her that some guy gave it to me at school and I tried it on my own."

"Damn you know I remember seeing the party girl Melina headlines but thought it was all just bullshit. I mean look at your family." Vanessa laughed.

"Hey, don't judge a book by its cover." I shrugged.

"A group of us are going out tonight to explore this abandoned building in Brooklyn, you should join." Vanessa said.

"Isn't that illegal?" I asked.

"You scared?" Vanessa laughed. Yes.

"Umm no. I'm down. I'll meet you at your place tonight." I said. They've done stuff like this before, it obviously can't be too bad. Right?

Parker POV:

"Hold still!" Maddie screamed in my ear. She was standing on the couch tying a bow tie around my neck rather tightly.

"Maddison I still need to be able to breathe!" I said trying to move my neck.

"Alright done!" She smiled. She jumped off of the couch and pushed me over to the mirror in her dressing room. I borrowed a suit from wardrobe, got my hair done by Maddie's favorite stylist, and was just choked to death while getting a bow tie on. "GG is going to be stupid if she says no to you!"