Her strange feelings

Something good is going to happen
This feeling changed my life......
--unknown

Avni's POV

Mr. and Mrs. Richmond greeted me when me and Lila went to the center of the hall. I saw more familiar faces from college. A huge red velvet cake was kept in center and everyone stood around it

"It's getting late for cake cutting" Nia spoke beside

"Right" I murmured giving a glance at the wall clock.

"I think they are waiting for her fiance"

"Maybe," I said without any interest in the conversation

Avni, what's wrong? Nia asked

"Nothing, I am just hungry," I said, Skipping lunch was a big mistake now the huge red velvet cake looked so inviting to me.

"You are always hungry" she waved at me

How is the party going guys? Lila asked joining us again

When will you cut the cake? I asked her my stomach was making weird sounds

"Stop it you hungry pig" Nia yelled at me

Where is Arjun? Nia asked Lila with so much excitement

"He is yet to come. I think he is stuck in traffic" Lila said with a worried expression. Mrs. Richmond walked towards us

"Hello Karla" I greeted her

"Hello darling" she smiled

"Lil, come let's start the cake cutting"

But. Lila started to speak but Karla stopped her

"I know Arjun is not here. He texted me that he will be here in 5 mins so let's start the party" Karla convinced Lila and took her to cake cutting.

"Finally I thought she is never going cut that cake" Arhaan spoke beside me. I didn't notice him standing beside me before.

"And that cake is tempting me" I murmured. He gave a boyish grin.

Everyone came near the stage. Lila went stood on the stage. She looked so cute and hot at the same time. Mr. Richmond came and stood in the middle to deliver his speech

Ladies and Gentlemen. I would first like to thank you all for coming to my daughter Lila's 18th birthday party tonight. I would like to share something with you all.
When Lila was 6 years old she came to me and asked "Papa I want a birthday party big birthday party and I want to invite all my friends and celebrate with them please papa" she pleaded with her innocent blue eyes. we were not financially stable at that time so I cannot afford a big party but we celebrated her birthday with a small cake at our home. So from the next day, I started saving money for her next year's birthday so that I can throw a big birthday party for my princess. Since that we never missed to celebrate our princess birthday. This is a very emotional movement for me and Karla because it's Lila's 18th birthday that to her last birthday with us because next year she will be someone else wife. I can't believe my little girl has all grown up and going to start a new life. Let's all give cheers for my daughter's new life.

Everyone raised their glasses and chanted cheers around us. Lila's face held an unexplainable expression her eyes were filled with tears. I held her close to me and gave her a side hug and tried to comfort her

"Lil, go and cut the cake" I pushed her little forward. She smiled at me. Some relatives of Lila came and wished her and they started a conversation. I excused myself from them.

I stood near the window and admired the night sky. Suddenly I felt happy. Everyone around me looked so happy maybe that's the reason I am suddenly happy but I can feel it something good is coming. My heart was beating fast and something was twisting in my stomach. Maybe I am just hungry. But I have never experienced this feeling before. It felt like a dream. I can't stop smiling. I believe these are the symptoms of falling in love but whom am I falling for?

"I was searching for you there. What are you doing here? Arhaan asked walking towards me. He came and stood beside me. He observed my face and asked Are you okay?

"I am " I smiled at him

He smiled back

I again smiled at him this time little more

He smiled again

"Are we going to smile at each other like an idiot here or going back there and watch Lila cut the cake? Arhaan asked

"Come " I grabbed his arm and guided him to the crowd. How will I explain to him that suddenly I am feeling happy and can't stop smiling like an idiot?

Lila stood near the cake and I went beside her. She gave me a warm smile and bent down to blow the candles.

"Wait, Make a wish before cutting the cake" I heard a very familiar voice.

.........................................................

It's was very tough for me to write this chapter.
I am a little girl trying her best to give you the best

Do vote and comment

Again जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें