Chapter 22

** Sorry this has taken so long but I have had a massive writers block. I have no idea when the next chapter will be up so please bear with me. I feel like this kinda sucks and is filler so I am sorry. I promise I have stuff planned I'm just having trouble getting there. please vote and leave comments**

Saturday seemed to come rather quickly and before I knew it Gemma and Lou were bursting into the apartment. They both let out girlish squeals of delight when they saw my dress and went right to work. My hair was put up into a messy bun type up-do and I was given a purple smokey eye to match the dress. I wore  a simple pair of diamond stud earrings as jewelry and that was it.  The focus would be entirely on the dress.

When I was done the girls gave their work a hum of appreciation before almost shoving me out the bedroom door to greet Liam. He looked gorgeous as always in a black suit with a white dress shirt and a pale purple tie that matched my dress.  The look he gave me when he saw me made my heart flutter and heat rush to my cheeks. It had been a very long time since a man had made me blush.

He held out his arm and I took it, letting him lead me to the elevator. As soon as the doors closed he stepped towards me, cupping my face in his hand and kissing me softly. “You look stunning” He said, his voice coming out in almost a whisper. “You don’t look half bad yourself Mr Payne” I said, giving him a playful smirk as I fake adjusted his tie. He simply chuckled at me as the doors opened and led me out front to the waiting limo.

Like always the event was held in some upscale hotel ballroom and was filled with women dressed in extravagant gowns and men looking handsome in their suits. There were a few girls who were like I used to be, but they steered clear of me for the most part.  My eyes scanned the sea of people, looking for a familiar face, and the one I found was not one I wanted to see.

Walking towards us, on the arm of none other than Niall Horan was my ex boss.  I could feel Liam stiffen as he saw them, and didn’t need to look at him to know  the dark look he had on his face as they walked up “My my what do we have here? The business man and his whore?” Niall said “Is there a mirror behind us? Because the only whore I see is the hag on your shoulder. Really Niall couldn’t you afford a prettier one?” I said, giving my best fake smile to them both. I heard Liam cough beside me and the glare from Angela was priceless “Tell me dear, has your son found a nice prison hubby to bottom for?” I said and the hatred in the womans eyes was clear “You little bitch. It was your lies that landed my poor baby there” She said and I simply shook my head. “Last I checked you weren’t allowed near Hope. So sorry to be the bearer of bad news Niall but your date has to leave or I will have her escorted out by the police” Liam said and I could see the look pass between the two “Sorry toots but scram. Can’t pick up any hot girls with you on me arm anyways” he said and the look of shock on her face was priceless. “as for you Liam, I am sure people will be dying to find out just how you met Ms Daniels here” Niall said before he walked off.

I placed my hand on Liams arm. “Calm down. Would anyone really believe him anyways?”  I asked and Liam shook his head. “Not unless he had iron clad proof. And to get that Angela would be breaching her own contract, which would cause her to lose both her employees and her current clients. She wouldn’t risk her lively hood just to simply ruin you.” He said and I nodded. He was right about that. She had worked too hard to build up her company to let it fall just to get revenge.

I was about to say something else when I heard a familiar voice calling our names. We turned and both smiled at the sight of Simon and Lauren walking towards us. Simon shook Liam’s hand and smiled at me while Lauren pulled me into a hug. “Hope your dress is stunning” she said and I could feel myself blush again “Than you, so is yours” I said, genuinely meaning it. Her dress was a simple sparkly black gown with spaghetti straps that seemed to flow gently around her curves, accentuating them without clinging to them.

We spent the evening talking to the couple as well as dancing a bit and mingling with a few of the other guests. It was the first time I had ever enjoyed myself at one of these things and I was slightly tipsy by the end of the night.

I was a giggling mess by the time Liam and I had made it home. We slipped out of our formal wear and into sleep ware before climbing into bed. “If I wasn’t so drunk I’d fuck you” He purred in my ear and I shivered at the thought. I pouted slightly knowing that he was far more drunk than I was and that drunk sex is rarely fun.

 I pressed into him slightly as he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer “Night Liam” I said with a yawn. He mumbled something back, and I figured he had fallen asleep already and simply smiled “I love you” I heard him mumble sleepily before he nuzzled my neck and I couldn’t help but wonder if it was his drunk mind saying what his sober one was too afraid of, or if he was dreaming of someone else.