Chapter 13

** I really hope you guys are enjoying this so far :) Pleae don't forget to vote and leave me comments with what ya thinks gonna happen or what you would like to see happen or more of  :) I  love talking to my readers :) **

I awoke to a strange beeping sound and bright lights. I groaned as the light hit my eyes and shut them again. My head was pounding and I wondered if maybe I was hung over. All to sudden the memories from the night before  flashed through my mind and I sat up with a panicked squeal. “Shh love it’s alright” I heard Liams voice say. I blinked a few times and looked around. I was in a hospital room, hooked up to a machine with an I.V in my arm. “What..” I started to say but he cut me off.  “You left your wallet in Zayns car. He called you to tell you he was bringing it back but you didn’t answer. He heard you scream when he went back to drop it off and broke down your door.” He said. “He did?” I asked and Liam shook his head. “Him and the man he found got into it. He needed to get a few stitches but other wise he’s fine. The other guy is lucky Zayn didn’t kill him.” Liam said and I could see the dark look in his eyes. “That was Louis, Angela’s son. He was supposed to be in jail because he  raped one of the other girls. Angela let her go after, and I have no idea where she is now.” I said as I tried to sit up. I let out a gasp as the pain hit “ Don’t try to move so much. You got off lucky and only suffered bruised ribs.” He said, his hand reaching out to touch my face gently. “I’m so sorry love” he whispered. His words broke my heart and I started to cry. He moved from the chair beside my bed to the edge of the bed and pulled me into his arms as gently as possible. I buried my head in his chest and just cried as she stroked my hair.

We stayed that way for what seemed forever until I pulled away, wiping my eyes with the palm of my hand. “I want to press charges. He told me Angela asked him to do what he did.  I know I have no proof on that and he won’t ever admit it, but I can still charge him right?” I asked and Liam nodded. “Assault, possibly sexual assault, breaking and entering. There are a number of things you can charge him with love. My lawyers are already on it and will have him charged with everything possible.” He said, wiping a few tears off my cheek with his thumb. “Can I stay with you” I chocked out, trying not to cry again. He nodded “Of course love. Now lay back down and get some more sleep. You’re safe, I’m not leaving you.” He said and I nodded as I laid back down, falling back into a dreamless sleep.

The next day I was cleared to leave, since my injuries were minor. I did, however, have to schedule an appointment with the hospital psychologist. Liam told me he would get me in to see the one he used for his company as, according to him, she was brilliant. It hurt to walk a bit, but the doctor assured me that in a few days time the pain would lessen.

We pulled up to my building, and I simply stared at it. I had been unaware that I was shaking until Liam put an arm around my shoulders. “Love we need to grab some things for you, and remove all perishables from your fridge. You are going to stay with me” He said and I let out the breath I had been holding.

I let out a small gasp as I entered my apartment. It was a mess, there was stuff everywhere. “I told you, Zayn and Louis really got into it” Liam said coming up behind me. I jumped away from him, startled and the look he gave me broke my heart. It seemed like a mix of hurt and another emotion I couldn’t place. “I want you to know Hope that I would never hurt you the way he tried to. Your safety and well being come first, always” He said and I nodded. We walked into my bedroom and he pulled my suitcase down for me off the top shelf in my closet.  I began to pack things that were my favourite things to wear, along with my minimal make up collection, and toiletries. I also grabbed my phone charger and laptop. I was grateful it managed to avoid being damaged by Zayn and Louis.  Liam left me alone for a few minutes and when I left my room he was finishing packing up the perishables from my fridge. “I will be paying the power for your place until you feel ready to move back, or until you find a new place.” He said and I nodded.

Once we were back in the car I turned to him “Can I see Zayn?” I asked and Liam nodded. “His injuries were a bit worse than yours so they are keeping him until the end of the week. Josh can you drop us off and then take the stuff to the flat?” Liam said and the driver nodded “Sure thing boss” He said and I noticed he had an English accent like Liam. “Is everyone who works for you from England?” I asked and he chuckled. “Josh is more than just a driver.” Liam said and I didn’t bother to ask what he meant by that.

I was nervous walking through the hospital. I wasn’t sure what kind of state Zayn was in and I was afraid that Liam had been downplaying it. When we got to the room Liam opened the door and stepped aside, letting me go in first. “Oh hope!” Kate said as she pulled me into a careful hug. “I can’t believe this happened. And just so you know I quit this morning. I start as Liam’s new assistant on Monday” she said with a small smile and I couldn’t help the tears that filled my eyes. “Hey lovely” I heard Zayn say from behind Kate and looked past her.

I let out a strangled sounding sob as I took in Zayn. Liam had most definitely downplayed his injuries. The whole right side of his face was swollen and bruised, his let arm was in a sling and I could make out a few cuts. “Oh my god Zayn” I said and he just smirked. “It looks worse than it is. I dissloacted my shoulder, hence the sling, and only one of the cuts needed stiches” he said as I took his free hand. “hey now don’t cry I’m okay.” He said, letting go of my hand to wipe away the silent tears that had fallen down my face.

I was about to say something else when a shrill voice from outside made me stiffen. “I don’t give a fuck! I want to see the man who beat my son!” Angela’s voice could be heard clear as day and I could see the faces of the others in the room darken. Liam stood up and exited the room. “Listen here you spiteful bitch. What part of “not allowed within 100ft” in the restraining order you were sent did you not understand? Your son attacked Hope. Zayn was just doing his job, and quite frankly you should be happy you still even have a son, although you won’t for much longer. You can rest assured that my lawyers have been working day and night to charge that bastard you call a son with everything and anything they can.” I heard Liam yell. “Louis would never do that. I am willing to bet that that whore you care so much about  was trying to seduce him and faked the whole thing when your hired man in there caught them.” I heard Angela say and I couldn’t stop the shudder that ran through my body. It was then that Kate stood up and walked out the door, and a few seconds after it shut I heard the sound of skin hitting skin “You stay the fuck away from Zayn and Hope you conniving bitch!” I heard her yell. Zayn squeezed my hand and I tried to block out the rest of the yelling. “You won’t get away with this!” Was the last thing I heard Angela yell before Liam and Kate walked back in. “I would ask that you refrain from slapping her again, as tempting as it is. I cannot have an employee of mine assaulting anyone, no matter how much they deserve it.” He said, his face cold and hard. Kate simply nodded, looking a bit sheepish as she came to sit beside me.

We stayed with Zayn for a half hour before he started to get tired.  I was tired myself and cuddled as close to Liam as I could in the back of the car for the ride back to his place. The elevator ride seemed to take forever but once we set foot in the apartment I was relieved. “I’ll run you a bath and then we can go to bed love” He said and I nodded.

Within moments he came out to tell me the bath was ready. I stepped into the bathroom and was met by the pleasant scent of lavender and vanilla coming from the tub. I noticed he had laid out my tank top and shorts that I slept in and I smiled to myself. I stripped slowly, wincing slightly as I raised my arms over my head before sinking into the hot bath. The water felt wonderful on my skin and I stayed in until my hands and feet looked like prunes.

I dried off with a fluffy towel before putting my hair up and slipping into my pj’s. I headed into the bedroom where Liam was sitting in bed in just his boxers with a book in hand. If I hadn’t been so sore and tired my mind would have been thinking of a million things I could do with him. But at the moment all I wanted to do was sleep. He looked up at me and smiled, pulling back the covers beside him for me to crawl in. I did and cuddled up next to him as he wrapped an arm around me. “Any other time and we wouldn’t be going right to sleep” he purred in my ear. I mumbled against his chest as he turned off the light and soon found myself drifting off in his arms.