Chapter 19

The next day as Zayn and I arrived at the theater I had made up my mind on who to cast in the lead roles. Zayn and I had talked about it on the way there, talking about who would go well together for the lead roles and we had pretty much came to the same conclusion. We discussed our choices with Porsche and she agreed to we made up the list and posted it. All the kids seemed pleased with the roles they were given and we started rehearsals that day. First day of rehearsals was always a bit awkward and by the end of it I was relieved to be heading home.

Liam had made it home before me for once and I greeted him with a smile as he stood behind the counter in what looked like a batman apron. “So what are you cooking today chef Payne?” I asked playfully and he smiled “Stuffed chicken with a cream sauce and a side of rice.” He said and I nodded “mmmm sounds yummy. Let me change into comfy clothes and I’ll be right back” I said before heading to our shared room.

Dinner was surprisingly really good. I had no idea he could cook as well as he did and was thoroughly impressed. I was stuffing my face when Liam spoke “I have been invited to some sort of thanksgiving dinner thing by one of my partners. I was wondering if you would like to join me? It won’t be too formal so you won’t need a gown. Just dress nice” He said with a smile. I swallowed my food and grinned at him “Liam I would love to go. I haven’t celebrated turkey day in years.” I said happily

The rest of the week seemed to fly by, and I found that I was really enjoying working with the theater group. The thanksgiving dinner with Liam’s partner was on Saturday, and for once I was allowed to dress myself and do my own makeup.  I chose a form fitting black dress that came just to my knees. It had a sweet heart neck line with lace that went from where the top of the dress would have sat if it were strapless  to my collar bone in a scoop neck, joining to the lace sleeves which ran down to my elbow.  I paired it with a simple heart locket that had been my moms and a diamond tennis bracelet. I put my hair up into a messy bun and applied eyeliner in a winged shape on my upper lid, making my lips a deep wine red. 

I slipped on a pair of simple black heels and went out to join Liam. “You look stunning love” He said with a genuine smile, giving me a kiss on the cheek. “You don’t look half bad yourself” I said, giving him a smirk. I wasn’t lying either. He was in black jeans, paired with a black dress shirt and the shoes he usually wore to work.  He had left the top few buttons undone and his hair was done up in more of a messy quiff then its usual slicked back. He looked good and part of me wished we could skip dinner and stay home.

Liam had gotten one of the company drivers to take us to the party, stating that he wanted to have some wine and didn’t want to have to drive home after a large meal. I had no objections to this and soon we were heading out of the city into one of the many suburbs that surrounded New York.

We pulled up to a large house and I could see cars in front of us with people stepping out, most looking as dressed up as we did. Liam got out of the car first and offered me his hand, which I gratefully accepted. We made our way to the house and once we got inside it was easy to see this dinner was larger than any I had ever been to.

There was around 50 people in total, and a few children and teenagers. Liam and I made our way in, grabbing two glasses of champagne. It wasn’t long before a handsome older man approached us, with a stunning brunette by his side “Liam so glad you could make it.” He said, shaking Liam’s hand with a friendly smile. “thank you for inviting us Simon.” He said returning the mans smile “Lauren you are looking lovely as ever” He said to the woman, giving her the same smile. She smiled back at him warmly “Thank you love. And who is this gorgeous young woman?” She asked, looking to me. I offered her a smile which she returned with the same kindness she had shown Liam. “This is my girlfriend, Hope. Hope This is Simon Cowel and his partner, Lauren.” He said. I held out my hand, shaking both of theirs with a huge smile. It was the first time Liam had ever really introduced me as his girlfriend and it made me happy “Pleasure to meet you both.” I said and Simon chuckled “I believe the pleasure is all mine since I am meeting the woman who has finally managed to tame this one” He said, patting Liam on the back.

After meeting Simon and his partner we walked around, meeting a few other people. Liam had introduced me as his girlfriend to those we had spoken to, and I couldn’t help the warm feeling that spread over me every time he did. I saw a few jealous looks from the women who seemed to not be all that happy with their husbands, no doubt wishing they still looked as handsome as Liam.

I ended up being seated next to Lauren at dinner and we chatted happily. I was finding I liked her, she didn’t treat me like some of the other women and made me feel like I belonged. “So how did you and Liam meet?”  She asked. “In a bar of all places. I didn’t know who he was at first, just that he was incredibly good looking so I went and sat next to him. We talked and eventually he asked me out on a date, and the rest is history” I said.  It wasn’t entirely a lie, which made it easier to get away with.  I knew Liam didn’t want anyone to know what I used to do for a living. “I see, and what do you do for work?”  She asked  “I was a secretary but was forced to leave after an incident involving my bosses son. I can’t go into details as legal action is being taken against him” I said, again not telling the entire truth “Oh you poor thing.” She said, genuine concern on her face “I’m okay. I’ve had Liam to help me through it all. He’s been my rock” I said, smiling at him from across the table. He caught my smile and returned it before going back to the conversation he was having with the man beside him. “You are very lucky to have tamed that one” Lauren said with a chuckle and I nodded “I really am”

Dinner was wonderful, and after I was stuffed. We had all moved into a large sitting room, Liam having pulled me onto his lap as we sat next to Simon and Lauren.  The conversation flowed and soon it was close to midnight.  I had started to squirm on Liam’s lap, the more wine he had the more his hands liked to wander and I was now beyond sexually frustrated.  I stood up to excuse myself and get some air. As I was making my way towards a terrace I felt a hand grab mine. I spun around to face Liam and let out a sigh of relief. “You scared me” I said simply and he chuckled “Sorry love.” He said and I noticed the wicked glint in his eyes “Liam?” I asked as he started to pull me to a closed door. He pushed open the door, pulling me into the room and shutting the door behind him, locking it as he did.  I noticed the room was a study and was about to say something when he pushed me against the wall, kissing my roughly as his hands roamed my body. I let out a moan and he pulled away with a satisfied smirk. “I can’t wait any longer. This dress is driving me insane” he said before capturing his lips with mine once more.

** heh I'd say sorry for this evil cliff hanger but I'm not. Please don't forget to vote and comment. **