Chapter Twenty Four: Best Man

*Nina's POV*
I walked into Paul's trailer where he was asleep on the couch. "Paul... Wake up!" I yelled as a tapped on his arm. "What is it?" He asked groggily as he grabbed my hand and slowly opened his eyes. "It's about Ian and Kat..." "What did they do now...?" He asked. "Umm Ian asked Kat to marry him, and she said yes..." His eyes widened. "Holy... Shit..." "Right?!" I said as he sat up. "Should I, um, talk to him?" He asked. "No, no. Wait until he tells you himself... Do you think they're rushing into it, or...?" "I have no idea... I mean... If they're happy..." "If they're happy then I'll be happy for them... It's just, quick." "Way quick." He agreed. "What are we supposed to do...?" I asked. "Nothing... I guess. It's their business." He intertwined our fingers slowly. "I guess so... I love you, Neens." He said as he leaned in for a kiss. I placed my hand on his chest as our lips met softly. "I love you, too." I whispered. He smiled into the kiss, making me laugh. "So you still coming to Christmas with me?" He asked. "I wouldn't miss it for the world." I said as I smiled up at him. He pulled my face to his and kissed my forehead.

*Paul's POV*
"Hey Paul! Wait up!" I heard Ian's voice... This was it, he was going to tell me about him and Kat. "Hey Ian, what's up?" "I have some great news to share with you!" He said. "What's that?" "I'm getting married! I asked Kat to marry me!" He said in an ecstatic voice. "Wow man, congrats! Are you sure you're ready for marriage with her?" Ian backed up. "Of course I am, do you think I'd marry someone I didn't love?" "No of course not, I know you love Kat. I'm just being a best friend, congrats man." I said as I patted his shoulder. "Thanks man. You'll be my best man, right?" "Of course I will! When are you planning to have the wedding?" "In a few months, we're not set on a date yet." "Alright, well I've got to get home, but again, congrats." "Thanks, tell Nina I say hello." "Will do." I said as I smiled and walked away.