Chapter Ten: Decisions

Paul and I had spent the entire night on the couch watching movies, cuddling and occasionally kissing... A lot.

The next day, at work, things were really weird, not between us;

But with Ian.

"Paul! How's it goin'?" Ian asked Paul as he playfully smacked his back.

"It's going great Ian... How are you?" Paul asked awkwardly.

"I'm great! For once." Ian said smiling. He was in such a chipper mood, until I walked up.

"Nina... Hi." Ian said.

"Hi Ian." I said, surprisingly normally.

"Well, I better go... To set." Paul said in the most obvious voice possible.

"What's his deal?" Ian asked after he walked away.

"I don't have a clue..." I said, lying through my teeth. It wasn't the right time to tell Ian, or anyone for that matter. I think even leaving Candice and Claire out of it would be a better idea than having Candice get so excited that she screams it to the world.

I loved her to death, but that girl can't keep a secret for the world.

Once I got out of the awkwardness with Ian, I secretly made my way to Paul's trailer.

As soon as he saw it was me he pulled me in and shut the door.

"Hi." He said kissing my lips gently.

"Hi." I said back, smiling into the kiss.

We kissed for a few minutes, smiling at each other in between lip touches.

"You aren't very good at acting like nothing's wrong Paul... And you're an actor." I said laughing.

"I know.. I know. I got really nervous..." He said.

"I know, we just have to be careful. It would really hurt him."

"I know it would..." His face dropped in sadness, so I grabbed his face and tilted it back up so that he was looking into my eyes.

"Don't worry Paul, everything is going to be fine. I promise." And then it kissed him, not so gently.

"I have to go... See you later." I said winking at him as he snuck another kiss and I walked out.

"Hello." A familiar voice said. As I turned around I saw Steven standing in front of me.

"Oh, hey Steven." I said cheerfully.

"What were you and Paul talking about?" He asked in a suspicious voice.

"Just going over some lines." I said convincingly.

"Okay. Well Julie wants you on set in 5." He said smiling.

"Okay cool!" I said back.

I was relieved, Steven was another person I didn't want knowing... Yet. He wouldn't understand, and I know for a fact he would take it out on Paul.

We were risking everything being together, I think the thing I'm afraid of most is everyone not understanding how we feel, or why we're doing this. It's not to get back at Ian, or to hurt him, because neither of us want that. We're doing it because it's what we feel, what we've felt for a lot longer than we'd like to admit.

It was our little secret...