Chapter Five: Slow Dancing

*Paul's POV*

"Are you sure Torrey's okay with you coming out tonight?" Nina asked me as we got into a cab and headed to my favorite bar. "Yeah she's fine with it." I lied. Torrey hated me being friends with Nina, although she always acted so nice to Nina, it didn't make much sense. "Okay, good." She said. I looked down at her small body next to mine, she looked so sweet and innocent. I knew she was sad about the breakup with Ian, so i decided taking her out to get her wasted was the best way to help her. "Did you invite anyone else?" She asked in a voice that sounded almost worried. "I tried calling Claire, but she didn't pick up." I said, telling the truth, well most of it anyway. I did call Claire, but only to ask her a favor, i didn't want anyone else going out with us. I wanted it to be just Nina and i. Like old times.

*flashback* "C'mon Neens, just trust me." I said with a smile on my face as i poured numerous types of alcohols into an alcohol shaker. "Did you put anything other than alcohol in there?" She asked. "Umm, yeah totally." I said laughing as i handed her my experimental 21st birthday cocktail. She took a sip and i watched her face change into a face that clearly meant it was disgusting. "It's gross isn't it?" I asked, wondering what she would say. "No, it's... Just really strong." She said laughing. "Let me try." I said as i took the glass from her delicate hand. "Eww, that's gross. You don't have to drink that, Nina." "No, i want to. You made it for me." "Special for the birthday girl." I said smiling as she bumped my chest with her fist. I pulled her in for a hug, a hug that lasted a lot longer than it should have.*

"Oh Paul i love this bar!" She said in surprise as we showed up at a place we both loved. "I know." I said smiling as i helped her out of the cab and paid the cab driver. "Have a good night you two." The cab driver said as i shut the door and gave him a wave of appreciation.

"Thanks Paul, this really means a lot." She said as she slammed back her third shot of fireball whiskey. "Okay Neens, that's enough." I said laughing at her as we got up from our seats by the bartender. "I'm fine." She said as she fell into me. "You don't look fine." I said as i helped her to her feet. "Let's dance." She said seductively. "Alright fine." I said as she dragged me to the dance floor. By my surprise she quickly grabbed my hips and pulled me closer to her, closer than i was comfortable with. "Nina..." I said in a reluctant voice as she started dancing a lot closer to me than she should. "C'mon Paul, let loose... Have some fun." She said as the song changed. "I love this song!" She said as a slow song came on. "This is a slow song..." I said smiling down at her. I grabbed her hand and twirled her around in a circle until we landed in slow-dancing position. "Oh so you're a slow dancing guy." She said seductively again. "You should know this by now." I said as she leaned in and rested her head on my shoulder. We swayed back and forth for what seemed like an eternity. For some reason, when i was with Nina, time was different. Time didn't go by, but it also didn't stay. It was like time didn't exist when I was with her. It was a feeling i had grown very fond of.

*Nina's POV* We were slow dancing on the dance floor, and my head was resting on his strong shoulder. My favorite song was on. I had never felt so content in my entire life. I know i was supposed to feel sad about Ian, but when i was with Paul it was hard to feel anything but happiness. When the song was over, he looked at me with his green eyes, "We should go Nina." He said as he looked at the watch on his left wrist. "Alright..." I said, feeling sad again. That's when all the alcohol i had consumed reached my brain. The last thing i remembered was getting into a cab with Paul, the cab ride felt slow and blurry. When we got back to my apartment, he picked me up and carried me to my bed. He even placed the covers over my body and sat down next to me. "Goodnight Neens, I'll see you tomorrow." He said as he moved a piece of hair from my face. "Thanks again Paul, it really meant a lot." I said as my eyes fell shut without any warning. Before i fell asleep, i remember him placing a very soft and somewhat romantic kiss on my forehead.