Chapter Seven: Say Something

(One month later)

*Nina's POV*

"Nina, I'm coming over" Claire texted me. I knew what she wanted to talk about.

A few minutes later I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it I saw Claire standing in the doorway, she pushed passed me and walked right in. "Well go ahead and come right in..." I said looking over at her strangely. I had an idea of why she was here but didn't understand why she seemed so mad. "What's wrong, Claire?" I asked a little worried.

"I'm assuming you heard about Paul's divorce?" She said kindly. "Yeah I did, I'm so very sorry for both of them..." I said, halfway lying.

"Cut the crap Nina." She said with a smirk on her face.

"What?!" I said half-laughing.

"I know about you and Paul." She said, much to my surprise.

"Wait... What?!" I yelled, flashing back to what had happened between Paul and I two weeks ago.

*flashback*

"Paul if you need to you can always crash here." I said, knowing he had to leave his and Torrey's house.

It had been two weeks since he told Torrey he couldn't be with her anymore. She surprisingly acted fine about it, if I'm being honest I think she was as done with their marriage as he was.

"Thank you, Neens. But I think I'm going to stay at Ian's, for a couple of days." He said.

"Oh, alright." I said, disappointment in my voice.

After we got off the phone, I headed to bed. I wasn't really feeling up to doing anything.

It was two am when I got a call from Paul. "Nina I need you." He said, his voice slurrying. He was drunk.

"Paul have you been drinking?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"It doesn't matter, I need you Neens. Please come find me." He said, his words cut deep into the wound on my heart. I knew he was only saying this because he was drunk, but his words still gave me an enormous amount of butterflies.

"I'll be right there."

I knew exactly where he was. So I ran to my car and drove to his favorite place.

It was a small woody place on the outskirts of Atlanta. It was a place he had taken me to once when we first met. He told me that it was his favorite place in the world, that no matter what he was doing or how he was feeling; if he went to that spot, he could instantly feel better.

When I pulled up to the spot, I saw his motorcycle sitting on the side if the road, and not far from that, I saw Paul sitting on the ground with a bottle of alcohol in his left hand.

"Paul...?" I asked, as I got out of my car and walked over to where he was sitting. "Nina?!" He yelled as he started to get up. He lost his balance and slowly starting wobbling towards the ground. "I got you, I got you." I said as I ran to where he was and helped him back to his feet. He turned to face me, our faces just inches apart. I looked into his green eyes, his pupils so big you could barely see the beautiful green color in his eyes. We were standing there, breathing each other's air. I could smell the alcohol on his breath, it was pungent. I didn't turn away though, instead; I slowly started walking us towards my car.

When we got to my house, he was passed out in the car. "Paul... Paul?" I asked, shaking his arms to wake him.

"Nina?!" He asked in a worried voice, as if he was worried I'd be gone.

"We have to go inside..." I said walking to his side of the car.

"I got it." He said as he slowly started climbing out of the car.

He started walking towards my front door, he was a lot more stable than before, so the sleep he got on the car ride probably sobered him up a bit.

To my surprise, when I got inside, he was walking up the stairs to my room.

"Um, Paul.. What are you doing?" I asked, confused.

"If I'm spending the night, I'm sleeping in a bed." He said.

When I got to my room, he was laying on my bed, already asleep.

I pulled the blanket on top of him and walked to my bathroom to put on my sweats and pull my hair up.

"Nina?" I hear him call from my bed. "I'm in here."

I came around the corner, he looked so worried. "Will you lay with me? I can't sleep..." He said desperately.

"Paul... Are you sure we should be..."

"It's fine Nina, we're just sleeping." He said slurrying.

"Okay, fine." I said as I crawled reluctantly into bed.

As I laid down, he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close to him.

Our faces were inches apart.

My heart was beating so fast I couldn't breathe.

I'm sure he could feel it.

"I..."

"Nina don't." He said.

He pulled me as close as I could possibly get, my hands slowly wrapped around his neck, in order to make sure there was no distance between us.

His eyes were starring straight into mine, I wasn't sure if it was the fact that I was exhausted or if the adrenaline had kicked in from being this close to him, but I suddenly became brave enough to move my head up. Our lips were inches apart, my eyes open, his closed.

"Paul?" I whispered into his lips.

"I can't resist you any longer, Nina. I need you." He said as he pulled my face towards his and our lips crashed together.

It was so much different than the kisses we shared as Elena Gilbert and Stefan Salvatore, this kiss was hungry, it made me want more.

"Nina..." He moaned in between kisses. It made the fire in my skin and stomach grow, he pulled me on top of him and the kiss grew.

He pulled at the bottom of my shirt and my hands slipped into his shirt, feeling his hard abs as I went up to his neck.

"Paul I..." I said when he started taking off my shirt.

"Nina don't fight it, we're single, remember?" He said. He made eye contact with me as he put his hands on the bare skin on my stomach. I gave in and let him take off my shirt, I had no idea what would happen next; but I could care less.