Chapter Eight: No Mistake

I woke up with my head on Paul's chest, our breathing in sync as it rises and falls.

I sat there smiling for what seemed like too long, and then I remembered what had happened.

Paul and I had sex.

I hasn't intended on it, not for a long time, but it happened.

I wasn't sure if I regretted it, or regretted that we weren't together when it happened.

*Flashback ends*

"Claire..."

"Save it Nina. I wish you would have told me... I had to find our from Candice. Why did you tell her and not me?" Claire said in an angry voice.

"I'm sorry, Claire. I didn't mean to hide it from you, Candice found out because I ran to her house after I left Paul's, I was confused and didn't know what to do." I said, tears in my eyes.

"Nina, don't cry. I'm not mad..." She said coming over to where I was standing to give me a hug.

"I know you're not, it's just... After I ran out on Paul... It's just..."

"He hasn't talked to you since, huh?"

She asked.

"No... He hasn't."

"I'm so sorry Nina... Here, I know what to do, since we don't have work, let's have a girls day. I'll call Candice and Kat." Claire said happily as she grabbed her phone. I guess a girls day was something I needed.

*Paul's POV*

It's been so long since I last talked to her. I feel so bad, it's just I'm so confused.. I'm not sure what to do.

I don't regret it, that's for sure.

If I'm being honest, I would never regret anything with her. I.. I.. Think I'm in love with her.

I can never tell her this though, I'm not sure how she would react.

It was probably just a one time thing.

Maybe I should call her before we go back to work next week..

But what if she doesn't want to talk to me and I make things worse...

She's the one who ran out on me.

*flashback*

(Still Paul's POV)

"Nina what are you doing?!?" I asked, she was putting on her shoes and jacket and heading for the front door of my apartment.

"I have to go Paul."

"What? Did I do something wrong?"

I asked, confused.

"No, I... Last night was wonderful Paul, one of the best nights of my life... And that's why I have to go."

She said, and before I could protest any more, she was gone.

(Present day)

*Nina's POV)

"Candice you should get that dress, it would look so cute on you!" I said as we walked into a store in the mall.

"Okay I just might." She said back smiling.

"Hang on guys my phones ringing."

I looked down on my screen to see Paul's name.

My heart skipped a beat, I couldn't believe he was calling me.

"Hello?" I said as I answered the phone.

"Hi Neens."