Chapter Twenty Two: Recovery

*Nina's POV*

"Neens, wake up..." I heard Paul's voice. I opened my eyes and realized I was still at the hospital with Claire, two weeks since the shooting and the were finally letting her leave and go home, I wanted to be there for her. "What time is it?" I asked sleepily as I rubbed my eyes.

"7 a.m. which means any minute until Claire comes out." He said smiling as he sat down next to me in a waiting room chair and softly kissed my forehead. "I love you Nina, you know that?" He said smiling as he grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. "Well good thing, because I love you too." I said as I reached up and kissed him slowly on the lips. I realized with all the trauma going on with Claire, Paul and I hadn't had much time together, ad we also hadn't discused my moving in with him.

"Nina?" I heard Claire say quietly. She came behind the wall on crutches. "You look hot, Holt." I said smirking. "Yeah, save it. I look terrible. I cannot wait to take a shower in my own shower..." Her eyes dropped. "Claire, you can stay with me at my place... Or with Paul and I..." "No, no. You two need your time, I'll be fine... I promise." She said smiling her fake smile. "Candice said she would stay with you for a while if you didn't want to be alone..." Paul said with a smile.

"That actually sounds nice..." Claire said as Paul helped her with her bag as she signed out and we walked towards my car. "It feels so good to get out of that place..." She said as she smiled at the ground. "I bet. I am so glad you're okay..." I said as I hugged her softly. "You can't get rid of me that easily Dobrev." She said jokingly as Paul helped her into the back seat.

*Paul's POV*

After we dropped Claire off with Candice, we made our way back to my house. "What are you thinking about?" I asked Nina, I noticed her staring out the window of my kitchen intently. "Life I guess..." She said as she turned around to face me. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. "Life is strange isn't it..." I said as I kissed her lips, she kissed me back and I could feel her smile. "How in the world did I get so lucky?" She said as she kissed me again, tangling her fingers into my hair. "The question is, how did I get so lucky?" I said as I started rubbing her back softly. "I'm sorry..." She said as she looked down at her feet. "Sorry for what?" I asked as I grabbed her face and pulled her face up so she was looking into my eyes. "I was supposed to be spending the last two weeks moving in with you, and being excited about it. Instead I spent all my time at the hospital, I..." "Neens..." I interupted her, "Do not be sorry, Claire is your best friend. I would have been worried if you weren't at the hospital every day. You can move in any time, friends come first sometimes, especially if they need you, and Claire needed you. I love you so much for that, for being a good friend to her, and everyone else." I said as I picked her up wedding-style and started carrying her up the stairs. "What are you doing?!" She asked laughing. "Making up for the last two weeks of course." I said with a smirk. "I like where your head is Wesley." She said as she kissed my neck. I threw her on the bed and crawled on top of her. I kissed her hungrily as she ripped off my shirt, and I did the same to her. She slid her hands slowly down my stomach, grabbing at my jeans and pulling me close to her.

"Hope you have a lot of energy..." She said through rapid breathing. "We have a lot of time to make up for..." She smirked as I threw the covers over us.