❄️ twenty eight

❄️

Astrid.

Hiccup was no longer her fiancé, but she loved him. But if loved, she must let him go. And she will leave back to Berk, to grieve the love and trust. Once they were so bright and solid it seemed unbreakable. They were both each other's light and darkness, each having their balance.

Now Astrid has realized. Just like what the strongest men of the village told her. Love makes you weak.

She should've remembered this sooner. She wouldn't have torn down her walls and welcome Hiccup in her heart if he was to only leave her so ruthlessly.

Elsa is to be blamed as well, but Astrid knew the Queen was an empathic woman and might had once denied Hiccup. Once. Had she proceeded their 'affair' after Astrid broke up and turned her whore-around's into love-making? What a disloyal cruel monarch she is. Albeit she's a queen, she should know her boundaries and have respect. She should acknowledge the fact that Hiccup and her were bound for marriage and go look for a bachelor instead!

"Hrghaaa!" Astrid screamed in a masculine vibrato as she threw the hal-empty beer in front of her. It flew through the head of the bartender, having the stunned poor man have the blessed luck to duck and have it hit the wall behind him instead.

The tavern was dead for the night and Astrid's subconsciousness was thankful.

Stormfly peered over the window from outside, whimpering. Hearing a far away explosion from behind, the dragon turns around, spectating over the burning palace of Arendelle.

When Astrid decided to bid Arendelle goodbye and went outside without payment nor (at least) an apology, Astrid's tired eyes reflect upon the kingdom turned inferno.

It could be she's drunk, but Astrid can't feel anything. She doesn't feel bad. She doesn't have an urge to interfere the screams for help. She remains at her spot, like a mere living thing with intelligence.

"Please help me! My family is in there and my Dad's terribly wounded!" A woman who looked around Astrid's age screamed as she reached for Astrid's hand to tug her towards the fire. "Please!" She pressed.

"Let me go."

"No!"

A raucous crowd had crossed the bridge. Survivors from the fire they were. They wore uniforms belonging to the castle civilian staff. Just then, a knight appeared behind them. Though a ball of blazing blue comes out from the castle. It hit him, and Astrid regains from her trance, choking out a faint gasp. Her irises must have minimized into extinction when the man is being burnt alive by whatever sorcery and with everything seeming to be loud and dizzy.

Stormfly beckons her to hop on. Astrid remained staring into the castle entrance. Staring into the fire was painful, but Astrid persevered, later making out a female silhouette standing where the burning man once stood and had been burnt to ashes.

❄️