❄ six

Hiccup.

"Hey, babe." Hiccup jumps as he feels his significant other, Astrid, hugs him from the back. Suddenly it shocked him. He doesn't feel a spark when they touch anymore. It's like it's all been absorbed.

Feeling uncomfortable, Hiccup pushes her away. Astrid looks at him in confusion. "What's wrong?"

She couldn't believe what he did. Heck, even he himself couldn't believe why there's no spark growing or rekindling between them anymore. Is it because of Elsa? He asks himself.

Hiccup sighs, "sorry, I'm just... nervous."

"Of what?" Astrid steps closer again and grips his bicep. Hiccup lets her although he wasn't thinking straight. He wasn't seeing Astrid but Elsa's desperate icy blue eyes. They're so manilulative, unbearable to be ignored and forgotten.

At a near distance, Toothless and Astrid's dragon Stormfly, are eating a big bucket of fishes both their owners collected for them.

Hiccup takes a seat at a wooden crate. One lean and he'd go for a quick swim despite that they're in the docks.

Astrid remains standing, brows furrowed and hands crossed over her chest. "Hiccup, what's wrong?" She presses.

Hiccup doesn't reply. In fact he's not even looking at her, he's looking beyond her.

Astrid scowls and follows Hiccup's gaze. Her eyes drained color getting the realization when she sees Queen Elsa standing too close at a precipice of the other side of the docks.

"Is she gonna jump?" Astrid asks either herself or Hiccup. Hiccup was already heading for the queen. Astrid's features darkens as Hiccup nears Elsa. She sees them as a potential couple, a more better one than she herself and him.

"Elsa!" Elsa turns around to Hiccup. He fears being pulled away if he's gonna start a conversation with a nosy question. So he begins with this, "beautiful view, huh?" He glances at the sunset in front of them.

"Yeah."  She briefly breathes out, pressing her palms together as usual.

The inaudible sounds of the ocean colliding against the docks fades in for a moment. Elsa has never felt so comfortable with someone before, except for Anna, since she's her sister.

Elsa then remembers last night. "So, what were you gonna tell me last night?"

Hiccup side glances at her before stuttering, "oh, uhm, it's about the fireworks. We were gonna invite you to kindle the first successful canon-firework we've made. But my bud there," he points to Toothless, who's too busy fighting over the last piece of fish left with Stormfly. "Kind of ruined the whole thing."

Elsa stares at the black-skinned creature. The fright she had when she saw the creature last night still exists and still makes her hairs stand. "Your dragon really scared the crap out of me last night."

"Well, he's not that scary if you're his friend."

"How can I be his friend then?"

"Well..." unexpectedly, Hiccup blows his fingers as a whistle and as it shrieks, Toothless comes flying. Stormfly chuckles deeply at his own victory.

Elsa automatically stands behind Hiccup as he pats the dragon on his head. "Hey bud." Toothless smiles, toothlessly. The dragon moans, motioning that he's still hungry. "What's that? Stormfly stole your fish?"

Stormfly roars from the other side of the docks, hearing Toothless' lie. Hiccup just realized Astrid is nowhere to be seen.

"I didn't know dragons can lie." Elsa chuckles, still behind the dragon rider.

"Believe me, they're professionals at lying." Hiccup says. Toothless mumbles something in agreement. "Toothless, meet Queen Elsa. Elsa, meet toothless."

Hiccup holds on Elsa's hand as he slowly pulls her close to the dragon. Elsa begins to speak her mind out. She always does this when she's scared nor nervous. "A Night Fury? I've heard stories about them when I was little. Anna even attempted to draw one but- oh!"

When Hiccup placed her palm on top of Toothless' forehead, Toothless purrs and a streak line of glowing blue starts appearing from where Elsa had touched him. Although Elsa thought it was hurting the dragon, Toothless was even smiling like he enjoyed it.

"Oh God, did I hurt him?" Elsa asks Hiccup in concern.

Hiccup, being unable to answer, interrogate's Toothless' reaction before responding a headshake. "He seems to like you."

"So, we're friends now?" Elsa asks, full of excitement.

"Dunno, ask the dragon."

"Hiccup!" She scolds playfully as he laughs. Elsa gives him a pissed off look as he receives an idea from nowhere.

"Say, do you wanna ride my dragon, Your Majesty?"