❄ twenty six

Elsa.

If she was asked what her greatest fear was, it would be loneliness; isolation. For will she be left alone in a room, her mind transforms into a daunting thing. Into the monster under her childhood bed.

Elsa's greatest fear was being alone with herself. It had made her do bad, to isolate oneself from her own remaining family, to blame herself, and most importantly. It had made her see she was the most horrible person in the world, that the worst of God's creations was the one she would see in the mirror.

Self-hatred, self-loathe. She had both of these things while growing up. No self-love, no courage. Sheer utter cowardice. She was a coward, she has always been.

But that was yesterday. Never ever, she thought.

"Oh my God, Hiccup!"

Hiccup's eyes shot open as soon as Elsa flinches away from the hug. He thought something have had gone wrong, she had been hurt. But fortunately she was only laughing, hysterically, wearing an insane grin for the first time. It rid the overwhelming feeling in his chest.

It made him stutter, "W-What?"

"I know how to defeat Rorke!" She said, her voice as loud as an echo in a cave.

Hiccup smiled thoughtlessly for a slight. He asked. "How?"

Hiccup.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Hiccup asks full of concern as he helps Elsa ride on Toothless's back.

"Yes, I'm sure." Elsa bravely answers. Hiccup was about to let go of her hand when she yanks it back again. "Take care of our people while I'm gone?"

The question was both surprising and confusing in which made him automatically say, "sure thing. Be careful out there. And Toothless, keep her safe, bud."

Toothless nods and groans in reply.

"Hey, if I don't come back alive, just know that you're the best person I've ever met, save for Anna since she's my sister." Said Elsa, although it seemed as though she was a whole new person with this new aura emitting such a powerful light.

Hiccup raises a cocky brow. "Oh, and why am I the best?"

She is quiet, taking all of him in from their five-meter distance to say every word she thought about him in the moment. "Because you amaze me, Hiccup. You're clingy, but at the same time, cute. Although you may not look like the type of guy to be a leader of a town full of vikings, no offense, who are stereotypically muscular, brawny and tall, you do have the spirit for it."

It flattered him at the most. No one has really complimented him in a profound and poetic way like that before. The brunet lets out a goofy smile. "Thanks. You amaze me too. And you wanna know why?"

"Uh, can you tell me later? Toothless is kinda growing impatient with us." Elsa muttered.

Toothless rolls his eyes and huffs in agreement, making Hiccup chuckle and pat the night fury on its head. "Good luck." He says, taking three steps back.

"I love you." And with that, she left him completely frozen.

"I love you too. Make sure to come back. I still want an answer to that last question, though."

"Just in case I don't come back..." Elsa marches over to Hiccup, closing the distance. She places both of her hands in each side of his rough tomato red cheeks to keep him in place before planting her lips on his. It was quick but was enough to lift both of their spirits.

Elsa pulls away and they were breathing like crazies. Hiccup chuckled at the sight of them breathing like crazies. Much to their dismay, Toothless groaned loudly.

"We're going, were going!" Elsa exclaimed, giggling. Hiccup watches his lover climbed his dragon, dazedly. "Goodbye, Hiccup..."

For a moment, Hiccup hesitated to leave. "Don't say that! It's bad lu-"

Toothless had took off in a blip before Hiccup could respond. Hiccup was frowning with worry as he watched the sight of them growing smaller and smaller into the horizon until he could no longer see them. I have an ominous feeling about this. I just wish she'll come back to us, to me, alive. He thought in utter grief.

❄️

This is my first time updating in YEARS!!! Really sorry, but I hope you like it, even though I'm aware it's crapp-y.