❄ twenty

Hiccup.

He wraps his arms around her and squeezes her gently as though she was as fragile as a thin layer of ice. Though unlike ice, she was warm. Unlikely because she's bearable to the cold.

Her let down platinum blonde hair brushes against his cheek. Her daily perfume of lavender lingers around them as their distance finally closes. He combs her hair with his fingers, and everytime they slide it felt like he was touching silk.

Hiccup feels so strong and invincible when he hugs Elsa. The feeling- it was the polar opposite Astrid gives him. Since Astrid was always the tough one in the relationship, he somehow was always the one who felt protected and not the protector.

Tears finally cascade down his face as well, as though he felt Elsa's pain clearly. He felt it all. Growing up in isolation, ruling a country without the guidance of your parents, and almost killing your sister.

After a few minutes of cooing the crying snow queen, her body becomes limp, and her hands fell from his neck. She had gotten to sleep from all that crying and his cooing.

Hiccup carried her all the way to her chambers. She was lighter than he expected.

~ ¤ ~

"Where is Elsa?" Anna asks a servant in full concern as she looks around the ghost-silent grand hall. Hiccup was just climbing down the stairs when he sees Anna, Kristoff and Olaf have arrived.

The servant hesitates to answer, oblivious to where Elsa had gone but steps back when Hiccup had neared to the group. "Elsa's gone to sleep. You should let her rest." Hiccup suggests. "I'm glad you returned here safe, though."

"Why? What happened when everyone got evacuated?"

"Elsa... She made Rourke and his army leave." Hiccup muttered.

"No wonder there's no one soldier walking around anymore." Kristoff comments.

"But, a war's not gonna happen, right?" Olaf asks with a frown.

Hiccup doesn't answer. He was unfocused to every question they have asked because he haven't had sleep since yesterday. He bets there are dark bags now dwelling under his eyes.

"I think we should discuss about this tomorrow. I'm getting pretty tired." Hiccup had fessed up with a short yawn.

~ ¤ ~

Elsa.

It's getting worse. Ever since she had unleashed her monstrosity back at that pitiful town, it seems that the demons in her nightmares have come back.

Elsa arises from her lying position in a jolt. She gasps, needing for air. She felt suffocated from the nightmare, as though it was choking her to death.

After her breathing normalizes, she looks over the window to see it's still dark. The temperature has dropped down to negative, yet when the cold touches her skin it feels relaxing.

Powers have pros, but also they have cons.

Elsa tries to return to sleep, but the sight of herself beheading a poor and innocent little boy made her unable to.