❄ sixteen

Elsa.

Rorke's bodyguards stays out of the tent and closes the curtains doors after Elsa has come in. "Your Majesty, I promised to avenge your parents' death that I will protect Arendelle from harm, especially their two daughters." Rorke begins. Elsa was about to complain when he continues ominously. "So if one of them gets hurt or worse, dies, I'm sure I'd be the one to blame for it, won't I?"

"I'm still the first in command here, General. You take orders from me. Not I take orders from you. So if I say I want to fight for my kingdom as both a warrior and a queen, let me."

Gritting her teeth, ice grows thick on where Elsa stands, making Rorke slightly winced in bewildwerment. But Rorke has seen someone do this before, and he knows how to knock them down.

A guard had sneaked in and covered Elsa's mouth with a handkerchief dipped in a sleeping potion. The guard's arm was getting frostbites. Elsa struggled in his tight hold. The frostbite was gonna infect his whole hand until Elsa finally became unconscious.

"Take her back to the castle and make sure no one sees you, especially the dragon riders." Rorke orders. The guard curtly nods and lifts the queen bridal style as he exits the tent.

~ ¤ ~

Hiccup.

"Come here, babe." Astrid pulls Hiccup for a passionate kiss after they've hide in a corner away from plain sight. But instead of tasting Astrid's lips, Hiccup tasted Elsa's. He pushes her away softly and closes his eyes for a deep sigh. "What's wrong?" Astrid asks.

He removes her hands cupping his cheeks and leans back against a tent, ending up falling inside. "I'm fine, I'm fine." He mutters as he doesn't accept her help and gets up on his own. "I'm just- I need some space, to focus on the battle we volunteered for." He says, looking away.

"Oh, okay. If that's what you want." In Hiccup's peripheral vision he sees her frown behind the smile she's wearing. "I'll be with the others if you need anything." Her voice breaks, hinting that she was about to cry.

He was about to follow her when he halted himself and only watched her disappear in a crowd of soldiers. Looking away to the General's tent, he sees Rorke and his guards come out, but no Elsa. Suspicions arise in Hiccup's senses and he quickly knew that something was up.

"Rorke." Hiccup approaches him immediately. "Where's the queen? I need to talk to her."

"She changed her mind, and figured it's best if she isn't a part of this." Rorke had said with a flat gaze fixating only on him. "I must go and alert the men that we'll attack at the break of dawn." Rorke and his sidekicks brush past Hiccup, but one of them bumps him, making him almost fall of his feet.

He contained his anger and look around the camp for a platinum blonde woman. His eyes landed on someone, but it was only Astrid talking to Ruffnut and her other twin brother, Tuffnut.

Hiccup had thought, Rorke must've forced her to leave.

"All units, board the vessels and get into position!" The General roars from the docks.

Hiccup blankly stares at the second in command as he raises his sword with pride, secretly it had fuelled his anger. Maybe the only enemy we have is our own.