❄ five

Elsa.

I was right, Elsa thought. I shouldn't have snapped like that and overreacted in front of them. I should've listened to Anna and none of this would have happened. The fear of being embarrassed, it's the greatest monsters that dwell inside of me ever since I was little.

Elsa threw her bedroom doors closed and collapsed on the carpeted flooring, where minutes before she was alone, happy with the only company of the moon.

Anxiety rushes inside her chest, and her eyes bulge out of fear of what tomorrow will bring her. Will they talk about what happened this night? About how the queen of Arendelle rarely ever knows what the definition of fun is?

"Calm down, Elsa. What happened last night was just all for fun. There's nothing to be afraid of." She can hear Anna telling her this already in the morning. It's like I'm not only gifted with ice powers but also gifted with knowing the future sometimes.

Her breathing quickens and she worries her lungs will combust spontaneously on their own.

But it stopped right after she jumped when someone knocked on the door. "May I come in, Your Majesty?" It's him, and he wants to come in.

Holy knickers, Elsa thought.

She clears her throat to avoid sounding her cries before speaking up. "What for?"

"Uh, about what happened back there. I'm sorry. My friends could get a little annoying sometimes."

She was about to give him permission to enter when a big monster-like black figure blocks the moonlight, making Elsa yelp. She was scooting away from the harmless dragon when Hiccup comes in right after hearing her yelp. The monster-like figure only turns out to be Toothless, Hiccup's Night Fury.

"It's alright, Elsa. He won't hurt you." Hiccup says, kneeling down in front of her.

Toothless tips his head to the side when snow begins to spread from where Elsa is at. Hiccup stares in awe, surprised and glad that he finally sees the magic he's been wanting to see for months.

Elsa folds her legs and pins herself against the wall, as a beam of ice covers the whole wall with ice as well. Her crying blue eyes look up at the smiling man in front of her. "What're you smiling at?! You should be scared, scared of me!" She snaps, her voice breaking.

Hiccup's eyes darted away from the iced wall and found eye contact with Elsa's. "Why would I? Your powers are awesome and beautiful!" And then he says and does the unexpected, "you're beautiful." He reaches for her hand, in which she jerked away.

"I-I don't wanna hurt you." She squeaked.

"You won't. Trust me."

When she finally lets him, holding her hand was the best feeling in the world. It wasn't rough like Astrid's, it was soft, like the flowers' petals in spring. He expected his hand would get frostbite, or expected her hand to be cold. But no, it was warm.

As warm as summer.

Hiccup gulps when their faces near. Their eyes twinkle at each other's image; spring meets winter.

"Are you... alright now?" Hiccup starts awkwardly.

Elsa was speechless, all she could do was nod slowly.

They were so focused on each other's presence that they forgot Toothless'. Toothless groans at the two.

Elsa chuckles as they get back to their feet. "We should go." Hiccup says.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Elsa questions.

The intense moment they've just had was fogging up his mind that he was unable to remember what he came here for.

"I don't think this is a good time actually. I'll just tell you tomorrow."

"Oh, okay." Elsa agrees. She's too busy mentally begging to be near him again. The feeling he gives her when their skins are only an inch apart is just- hotter than the sun, colder than ice- purely irresistible.

"Goodnight, Hiccup."

Hiccup replies with a nodding smile before he closes the door behind him.