❄ one

/// this book is all about war, fights, betrayal, love, and sometimes panic attacks and mental illnesses. The main otp will be HICCELSA (Hiccup and Elsa, my childhood otp!). If something upsets you in one of these chapters, you can stop reading despite that I don't want to make my co-readers and co-writers in Wattpad frown at a book my dumb twelve year old self had written.

Kudos and I love you for understanding ❤ ///

❄❄❄

Ice.

It's one of the monsters she would fear as a kid, and as a little girl growing up into a woman who will soon rule a whole kingdom.

Elsa grew up to be a woman of confinement rather than confidence. The day she was titled Queen, was also the day she revealed to everyone about her magical powers.

For so many years, she had never felt free after escaping from society. She had improved her abilities and was able to make a castle out of her ice powers.

She took note of what the Duke of Weasleton called her.

"You monster!"

She admitted to herself. She is a monster, and she has never been proud of herself for it.

But her freedom became stale, and she realized she had missed her sister Anna. So she returned with her to Arendelle, still welcomed to be the queen again.

"Just try not to run away again." Anna had reminded her.

Elsa pinned it in front of her mind, and whenever something upsetting happens, she'd never forget to remember her beloved sister's advice.

As Elsa takes a deep breath, she also takes in the magnificent view of her castle, her hands now free from gloves. She promised Anna that she would never hide nor run away again, which was a struggle.

What's even worse is communication, and ruling Arendelle. Elsa would've got shunned without the help of her sister, and Olaf's.

Elsa was about to smile when her bedroom doors swung open and a panicking servant comes in. She had recognized him. He was the energetic messenger who volunteered to travel overseas to send a letter to an allied neighbouring country.

"Your Majesty! An unexpected news has arrived!" He was panting for breath.

"Calm down, Oslo." Elsa says, handing him a glass of water from a nearby coffee table.

After Oslo reenergizes and is now able to speak normally, she gives him a patient smile. Without one word, Oslo lends the queen a scroll.

"From an island called Berk, your Majesty." Oslo breathes out and bows as Elsa accepts.

Opening the scroll, Elsa winces when her eyes meet the strange language written inside. "What does it say, Oslo?"

Oslo slides in and takes a look. "Forgive me, my Queen but I do not understand this strange alphabet as well."

Curious, Elsa uses her powers to translate the letter. The words morphed above the unknown langage into the English alphabet before their very eyes. Oslo, surprised, steps aback.

"To whom it may concern,
This is a message from the island of Berk. We have requested for your alliance in this upcoming battle with our greatest foe from the South. Though shall you be reminded, that we will arrive before the Dawn of Fall.

Sincerely,
Stoik the Vast, the Village Leader of Berk."

A knock abruptly echoes throughout the room after Elsa has finished reading. Another of her loyal subjects, the all-around butler was the second to take a step inside.

"My Queen, there are barbarians wanting to see you outside at the castle gates." The butler says, "and they brought companions-- dragons with them!"

I know what you're thinking.

BARBARIANS AND VIKINGS AIN'T THE SAME HAVE YOU EVEN DONE ANY RESEARCH?

Yes I did, and I'm sorry lmaoo. I promise I will fix this.