Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Samantha where are you?!"

"SAMANTHA ANSWER PLEASE!"

"SAMANTHA!" Gabriela's voice blasted through the little speakers of my watch and I tried to ignore her as she tried to make a video call. I just kept running towards the gate. I tried to ignore her voice with the sound of my boots hitting the cement.

"Samantha please answer it's urgent!" her voice sounded so desperate and I gave in. I clicked the button on my watch and her face appeared on the small screen.

"FINALLY! Where the hell are you?" it scared me when she used that word.

"I'm trying to take the day off"

"Take the day off? Are you trying to go to that Coldplay concert today?"

"Oh that's today?" I asked innocently. She knows me so well. The gate was getting closer and closer. And I could already hear Chris Martin's voice in my head.

"Sam, don't play dumb with me. I know that's why you're trying to run away"

"So what? Did you want to come with me or something?" I was already past the guards and nearly on my way out.

"No, your dad is looking for you and I had to lie to him and say you were taking a shower" I love her for always covering for me. "But I can't keep covering for you like this! I'm going to get sucked into your deep black hole of lies with you" never mind.

"Can't you just tell him that I'm not feeling good and I'll talk to him tomorrow?" I knew that was a bad idea but I would deal with him later.

"I don't think that's a good idea. He's got the whole school looking for you" my heart stopped and I froze right in front of the gate. That's never good. A helicopter nearly landed on me the last time my dad was looking for me. He's a bit overprotective.

"SAMANTHA DAGGER PLEASE REPORT TO MR. DAGGER'S OFFICE" a scary voice said through the P.A. system again...and again...and again. Then came the sirens along with the helicopters. Not again.

"Fine, tell him to chill. I'm on my way" I gave in even though I was just one step away from a day off.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gabriela knocked on the thick wooden door.

"Come in girls" my dad's deep voice echoed through the door. We pushed the heavy door open into my dad's office. I joined Gabriela on the couch facing his desk. Nothing but the back of a leather chair was facing us.

I sighed "yes dad?" I asked wondering what was so urgent that I had to miss a Coldplay concert for.

"So you tried to run away again? Samantha you can't keep doing this" I heard the disappointment through his words and it just made me angrier.

"I was trying to take the day off. You keep promising me one but it never happens"

His chair finally turned around and I could see his piercing blue eyes trying to scare me. But that doesn't really work when he has curly blonde hair and rosy cheeks. I guess he does the chair thing to focus on his voice so he seems 'intimidating' otherwise people wouldn't take him seriously. "Samantha, I haven't had a day off in 5 years"

"Yea but your life is like almost over so it doesn't matter. I'm 16 years old!" I raised my voice and Gabriela moved uncomfortably in her seat.

"16 and 3 quarters" he raised an eyebrow.