Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Sam’s POV

“Mmmm,” I sang out as I ate a mouthful of chocolate chip pancakes. Harry snickered at my reaction and took a mouthful as well.

“Do you give it a 10?” Harry asked with his mouth full.

“No, the ones in Sheffield still win,” I answered before taking a sip of orange juice. We made it a tradition to order room service every morning for breakfast and rate the chocolate chip pancakes at each hotel. It was probably my favorite time of the day because I got to spend it with Harry and the chocolatey goodness. The only thing better would be eating them off of him. Now I’m not saying we haven’t done that already but I’ll just leave you guessing.

“Can you please pass me the syrup babe?” Harry asked with a cheeky grin. I nodded and reached over to the nightstand and grabbed the bottle. I turned around to hand it over to him but was surprised by his hand that smeared whipped cream all over my nose.

“Harry!” I complained and crossed my arms. He threw his head back laughing uncontrollably. I couldn’t help but laugh along with him. His laugh was contagious.

“I can’t believe you didn’t see that coming!” he said in between his cackles. I threw him a glare and he tried to stop. “Aw babe you look cute when you do that. You look like a puppy who tried to eat ice cream,” he laughed and I looked down at my nose. He laughed even harder at my cross eyed expression.

“It’s not funny!” I chuckled as I tried to look for a napkin.

“Then why are you laughing?” he questioned as he hid the napkins behind his back.

“Because you’ve got something on your nose!” I swiped my finger on some whipped cream from my plate and smeared it on to his nose. I started laughing hysterically at his dumbfounded look.

“Ok I saw that coming,” he laughed and moved our empty plates off the bed.

“No you didn’t,”

“Did too,”

“Did no-“ I was then interrupted by a familiar ring. My dad’s ringtone to be exact. “Hold on I got to take this,” I removed the blankets and got off the bed as Harry groaned behind me like a 12 year old.

“Hello?” I answered sounding a bit more nervous than I meant.

“Samantha?”

“Yes?”

“What are you up to, honey?”

“Oh um just some early investigating. Most of the band is sleeping so I decided to take advantage,” I lied.

“That’s great so that means the fake dating helped?”

“Yea it did!” I realized how loud I was and left the room so Harry wouldn’t hear the rest.

“Great! So first make sure to break up with that boy. You don’t want him to fall in love with you or anything,” he laughed and I chuckled nervously.

“But I don’t want to hurt him,”

“Don’t be a baby Samantha! You’re a Dagger for crying out loud! You shouldn’t care about hurting him. What’s important is this mission. Don’t you want to pass this mission?”

“Yea of course I do! But I don’t want to break his heart. I think he really likes me,”

“Oh goodness Samantha please don’t tell me you like him too,”

“No! Well I do but not like that. I just-“

“Well if you don’t like him like that then it should be easy to break up with him. Now what are you waiting for?”