Chapter 20

Peggy Samantha Dagger is my mother’s name. When other people hear that name they think legend or genius. I think that too but I also think of best friend and role model. That’s what she was to me. She was amazing and incredibly smart as well as beautiful. Most people thought she was my sister instead of my mom. She really knew how to stay in shape.  She’s everything I’ve always wanted to be.

August of last year was the last time I saw her. I had barely spent a full day with her because she was so busy. But she tried her best to spend time with me. Whether it was at 5 am or at midnight. It really upset me when she told me she was going on a big mission. I had barely spent time with her and she was leaving. Just days after she left to England with her partner my dad told me she had disappeared. It was the strangest thing which we still have little information on. It scares me to death because I don’t even know if she’s alive. But my mom always told me that if I suddenly couldn’t see her anymore to never give up and to make her proud. Which is exactly what I’m going to do.

After we lost Gabby, Ryan and I did all we could to get her back but it was no use. We then replayed the video call from the anonymous monster who is keeping Harry and Gabby. Ryan pointed out that he mentioned how he knew I was just like Peggy. He said I was just like my mother. This must mean that he knows my mom. I wasn’t sure where this led us but it gave me confidence.

It was a long night of investigating and going through files of people who worked with my mom. But since we had such little information on this guy I couldn’t really point out if it was any of them. All I had was his voice and that’s not reliable because of the fact that many people manipulate their voices to hide their identity.

Ryan also pointed out that he had a British accent so he asked me if I knew anyone from England that was close to my mother. I then thought back to when I actually went to England with my mother:

I was about 10 years old and my mom decided to bring me along to a secret meeting in England in which kids were welcomed. I didn’t exactly remember anyone specific that she spoke to but I do remember what the venue looked like but I don’t remember what it was called. I just remember how it was underground and it was so hidden. We had to take some type of underground transportation to get there and it seemed as though the vehicle was only for CIA agents. When we arrived I thought I was in a new world. There were agents from all over the world who brought their kids along with them. It seemed more like a convention rather than a meeting. I was amazed that such a place could exist underground. The world of spies only got more intriguing as I grew up.

Ryan and I snuck into my dad’s office which I luckily always had a key to. I went straight to the files my dad had specially organized for my mom. Ryan kept a look out while I searched for any clues. I finally found a paper with a familiar logo on it. It was the logo that I saw all over the secret meeting I attended with my mother. The paper was labeled International Spy Conference and had a few dates recorded on them. They were the dates in which my mother had attended the conferences. Each year it was located in a different country until I finally found the year it was in England. I then made the biggest discovery that could finally lead me to find Harry. The conference was held in the Wembley Arena which meant that there is a whole other underground world to that place. That’s where Harry must be and that’s exactly where I would rescue him myself despite the amount of trouble I would get into. I ignored my dad’s demands. I had to fix this mess myself.

The next morning Ryan and I woke up extremely early to get in action. He was going to help me sneak out and get into my dad’s private jet. There is no doubt that my dad will realize it’s gone but he won’t be able to stop me once I’m gone.

“Are you sure you want to do this? You’re going to get into so much trouble,” Ryan asked. We were about to enter the jet.

“Yes, I have to. I know my dad told me to stay away but I can’t. I have to finish this mission and make my mom proud,” I explained while making my way to the pilot’s seat.