Chapter 22

I couldn’t believe what I just did. I just killed someone. My mind was spinning. Too much happened in only a couple of minutes. Mr. Greyson rushed to Mr. Dagger’s body, screaming things I couldn’t process at the moment. “You’ll pay for this! You’ll all pay for this!” he yelled, his face as red as a tomato. I dropped the gun and threw myself on the ground. Suddenly, it felt like I was the only one in the room. I caught my head in my sweaty and bloody palms.

My mind then snapped back into reality as the door slammed open and in came my father along with a whole team of CIA and FBI agents. “Put your hands up where I can see them!” he pointed at Mr. Greyson and the other men in the room with his gun. They slowly raised their hands, fear visible in their eyes. They were then handcuffed by the agents and removed from the room. While the rest began to release Harry and Gabby. Relief swept through me. I was so glad to see my dad.

“Dad!” I ran up to him and gave him a spine-crushing hug.

“Samantha, are you okay?” he asked, touching the few cuts along my face.

“Yes, I’m fine. But I did it, dad. I killed the man who took mom from us,” I hugged him once again. “I’m sorry he was your brother.”

“It’s okay. I didn’t exactly consider him my brother. I’m sorry you had to find out all of that like this. But I’m proud of you for handling it so well. Your mother would be so proud,” he hugged me tighter this time.  

We were then interrupted by one of the agents.” Mr. Dagger, I’m afraid we’ve found something,” he began, “We’ve detected bombs throughout the arena. The system is too tight and there’s no time to try to deactivate 50 bombs. We have less than 5 minutes to evacuate everyone from the building.” My breathing hitched. There were fans upstairs waiting for the one direction show to start. Not to mention, the rest of the boys were in danger as well. I looked at Gabby who immediately ran out the door. I knew she was going straight for Liam.

“We have to get out of here!” Harry yelled while grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. Everyone else followed and the agents rushed to release the girls who were being held captive. Harry and I ran upstairs until we were backstage. We ran into Louis who was extremely shocked to see us. “Harry! Samantha!” he yelled while bringing us into a bear hug. “Mate, we’ve got no time to catch up. We have to evacuate all the fans from the building now! This place is gonna blow!” Harry shouted and Louis immediately started to panic.

“Harry we have to split up. I’m going to make sure everyone leaves the building while you go along with them,” I spoke and tried to let go of his hand but he wouldn’t budge.

“No I’m not leaving without you. I almost lost you once I’m not losing you again,” he tightened his grip around my wrist.

“But Harry I don’t want you to get hurt. You’re in this mess because of me.”

“No we’re going to get through this together. You go lead everyone out while I speak into the microphone to make sure everyone knows what’s happening,” he headed towards the stage with a microphone in hand and all the fans screamed.

“I’m sorry to announce that there will be no show today,” everyone booed. “But I need everyone to evacuate the arena immediately. Please do not panic but there is a bomb in the building that has been activated,” he dropped the microphone and ran backstage. Everyone started to panic and run out.

I ran towards the seats to lead everyone out.  Harry and the rest of the boys came along to help. The room was chaos. Screaming and crying heard from every corner. Police sirens could be heard from outside. The looks on people’s faces broke my heart.

More of my dad’s agents came in and took people out. They even carried some girls who were in so much panic that they couldn’t move their legs. I looked behind me and realized nearly everyone was outside already.

“Come on Samantha!” Harry pulled my arm as he was at the door but I heard someone crying. I looked behind me but I didn’t see anyone. But I knew someone was still in there.

“Wait there’s still someone inside!” I let go of Harry and ran back inside.

“Samantha no!” he screamed but I had to keep going. It was my duty to make sure everyone was safe.

I walked around between all the seats but I couldn’t find anyone. But I heard the crying again. I followed the sound until I finally found the source. There was a little girl crouched on the floor rocking back and forth. “Come on, honey! Don’t be scared I’m gonna help you!” I held my hand out and her trembling hand reached mine. “Go on run to the exit!” she started to run but then she stopped.

“Wait! I left my bracelet! It was my mom’s!” the look in her eyes told me that bracelet meant a lot to her.

“Go on and I’ll go get it for you!” I ran as quickly as I could. My legs were giving out and time was ticking. I found the bracelet and started running back to the exit. I saw the girl take her final leap at the exit. But I started to hear the beeping. All the bombs were beeping at once. I ran faster. Beepbeepbeepbeep. I kept running until I finally reached the door. Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeeeeeeeeeeep. The full force of the explosion pushed me off my feet until I was flying.

I was actually flying. But everything that goes up has to go down at one point.

a/n: thank you for reading! Please vote and comment!

i think there is only one chapter left!