25

The next day

I woke up and showered. Oak was on his laptop working. I sat beside him.

"You know we have to tell the others right"

"I know"

"Oak look I'm sorry for pushing the whole marriage thing onto you. It was very greedy of me to hop to that"

"Baby girl your okay"

"Ok well Imma go make those calls"

--

Everyone was over and We were holding the twins.

"So why did you call us over," Chris said.

"Well," I grabbed Oak's hand. "Oak is being deported and he leaves in two weeks"

Everyone started to shed tears. Even though he wasn't the biggest, reputational wise, Oak was the one whole kept us whole and it wouldn't be the same without him. He touched all of us in different ways. None of us wanted to see him go.

"What about the twins birthday coming up in two months," Renée said.

"I'll try to find my way back here. Non the less I have to abide by the laws of ICE and leave," Oak said.

"It's all because of that pussy-grabbing man whos in the office right now," Daveed said angrily.

"Guys, please. I know we're all mad but this isn't how you express it. Yes it's unfair but please stay strong for me"

He's the rock of the group. He never showed it when he was mad. He kept his cool most of the time.

"What about Emi," Leslie pipped in.

"I'll talk to her every day. Whenever I get the chance but guys please don't be like this. When I get to Nigeria I'll find my way back as soon as possible I promise"

We were all quiet. They all had anger written on their faces. No one made eye contact with anyone. I'm still trying to process how the hell I'm going to raise to humans on my own for I don't know how long.

"Guys don't pity me, please. I know people there. I'll be back soon"

"A-are you sure," Ant asked. His voice cracking but he tried to make sure that didn't happen.

"Yes now can we not sulk for two weeks and make the best of it"

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

"Go now how about we go to the park"

We all got out and gathered our things and headed to the park.

--

I'm sitting with the girls as the boys play football. Lin being the shortest is the one always left behind.

"Oh god come on Lin you can do it," I said cheering and laughing.

"IM TRYING BUT THESE FUCKING GIANTS WON'T LET ME," he called back.

"COME ON SHORTIE," Rafa said.

It caused us all to laugh.

"So tell us Emi how are you feeling," Pippa said.

"Honestly, I wanna lock myself in our room with him and the twins for these two weeks and never come out. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, raising two kids and run a dance studio. Ugh, I just feel like its all gonna blow to pieces," I laid on my back and Awnry crawled up and laid down with me.

"Yoy know you have us right. We'll help you," Jazzy said. "We can help with the studio and anything else you need"

"No I don't wanna take you guys away from your life's that'll be too much"